|Title:||Navy Corporate Communications Manager|
Navy Corporate Communications Manager
SBG Technology Solutions, Inc. (SBG) is growing and would like you to come join our team!
SBG, a service disabled veteran-owned small business specializing in engineering, information technology, cyber-security, and training, is looking for a results-oriented Navy Corporate Communications Manager. The ideal candidate for Navy Corporate Communications Manager position would have experience performing in U.S. Navy, Department of Defense, and/or Federal government Corporate Communications roles. An active or interim Secret security clearance is required. This position is located in Dahlgren, VA.
This U.S. Navy Corporate Communications Division provides strategic counsel, planning, and execution of communication for Naval Surface Warfare Center Dahlgren Division (NSWCDD). The Communications Manager will provide leadership and expertise for informing, promoting, and marketing the successes of NSWC Dahlgren Division and its related commands, community leaders, and stakeholders.
- Prepares composition and illustration specifications and front elements of Administrative Publications, Technical Reports, Technical Notes, and Miscellaneous Publications. Organize complex technical information so that it is effectively presented and communicated.
- Provides publication, editing, and writing support to include edits for content, grammar, punctuation, spelling, clarity of sentences, and format.
- Write, proofreads, and edits, scriptwriting, news releases, briefings, transcription of interviews, and special publication projects.
- Provides editorial support to include creating, reviewing, editing and formatting publications, technical publications, reports, manuals, brochures, focus sheets, journals/magazines, journal articles, conference papers, white papers, programs, and awards.
- Provides photography support for events. All photography should be captured in a journalistic style in digital format using a still camera system and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Assists in the design and development of 3-D models, audio, photography, and video production, animation and simulation products, shooting digital videography and photographs, digital video/audio editing and production, and interactive/multi-media products.
- Assists in the design, development, and production of physical exhibits, displays, posters, and banners.
- Provides communication engagement support for approximately 100 – 125 engagement events each year to include the development of messages. Support for the development of a Strategic Communications Plan.
- Designs, develops, and supports web development and updates, updates for social media web sites, and manage content displayed on social media sites and digital signage.
- Researches, develops, investigates, and writes a variety of science-related and human-interest news and feature stories through interviews, observations, networking, and library/online resources for publication in national-level print magazines, press releases, and online content.
- Leads initiatives that coordinate and execute projects for public affairs, congressional affairs, visual information and multimedia, and technical library/archives.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications field, public relations, or marketing and four (4) years of related experience OR 10 years related experience as described above.
- Four (4) years of related experience (with Bachelor’s degree) OR 10 years related experience (with no Bachelor’s degree) in the field for public relations, public affairs or journalism-related with experience in research, conducting interviews, writing, editing, and obtaining release/approval for articles, feature stories, news releases, and statements, including electronic, web-based, and hard copy material.
- Proven ability to support employee communication programs and products, media relations programs, community relations, special events, and provide photography support.
- Excellent knowledge of related applications and software including Newport Enterprise Realtime Development Server (NERDS), Adobe Creative Suite 6 Production Premium, Microsoft Office Professional, AVS Video Converter, and Snagit10 screen capture software.
- Demonstrated ability to create, write, proof-read, and/or edit scriptwriting, news releases, press releases, human interest features, briefings, transcription of oral interviews, and special publication projects.
We offer a very competitive benefits package, in a family-friendly environment.