|Title:||AEGIS Officer Trainer I|
AEGIS Officer Trainer I
SBG Technology Solutions, Inc. (SBG) is growing and would like you to come join our team!
SBG, a service disabled veteran owned small business specializing in engineering, information technology, cyber-security, and training, is looking for a results-oriented AEGIS Officer Trainer. We are seeking a highly motivated individual looking to join our rapidly growing company. The ideal candidate for the AEGIS Officer Trainer position is an experienced individual who is hard-working, with the ability to excel in a fast-paced government environment and who has a positive energetic attitude. This position is located in Dahlgren, VA.
Develops and conducts training and educational programs for Fleet sailors in support of AEGIS Training and Readiness Center (ATRC) in Dahlgren, Virginia. Training program requires ability to conduct traditional classroom instruction and support maintenance training to the element level; as well as training on the operational employment of AEGIS Combat System. Develops; organizes; and conducts training and educational programs for customer personnel.
- Provides dynamic teaching & training as well as assessment that require intermediate knowledge of U.S. Navy Combat Systems Capabilities and Limitations to the element level.
- Reviews and analyzes U.S. Navy Combat System Engineering Capabilities and Limitations and U.S. Navy Operational and Tactical Doctrine and integrates and conceptualizes the execution of Doctrine optimizing the application of ship's Combat Systems capabilities and limitation.
- Conducts dynamic assessment of the student officers’ abilities to comply with approved maintenance and operational procedures and thereafter provides formal appraisal of performance with recommendations for improvement and methods to maintain technical and tactical proficiency.
- Prepares, reviews and customizes curriculum lesson plans and instructor guide in support of traditional classroom teaching.
- Documents the training conducted with specifics of the individual areas/watch station and is responsible for the generation of a formal assessment of measure of success via a written report.
- Teaches moderately complex Navy Combat Systems training programs and related materials in support of ATRC training objectives.
- Periodically reviews course content and objectives.
- Conducts training sessions and develops criteria for evaluating the effectiveness of training activities.
- Maintains records of training activities; participant progress; and program effectiveness.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
- Updates course documentation on a regular basis to ensure timeliness and relevance.
- Participates in special projects as required.
- Bachelor's Degree (Arts or Sciences) in a related technical discipline (Desired not Required); or the equivalent combination of education; technical certifications or training; or work/military experience.
- 3 – 5 years of directly related experience in the development and delivery of technical training programs
- 3 or more years of experience with the AEGIS Combat System as either a maintenance technician supervisor or operator supervisor with responsibility for teaching the applicable system or function task to others in a journeyman level training environment.
- 1 or more years of experience as an instructor in a Navy Training Environment; to include curriculum maintenance; writing learning objectives; preparing test items; evaluating instructional materials and the results of instruction and counseling students on academic learning problems.
- Must be able to support training with extended periods on your feet while instructing.
- Travel required up to 10 % of time
- Must be fit enough to embark ship for 5-10 days
- Must be a U.S. Citizen to obtain and maintain a DOD Secret security clearance
Desired Skills and Experience
- Combat System Training Team (CSTT) technical or tactical qualification and experience desired.
- Past experience as trainer/instructor in support of CSCS/ATRC/TACTRAGRU is a significant plus.
We offer a very competitive benefits package, in a family-friendly environment.
SBG is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V