|Title:||Navy Corporate Communications Associate Writer/Editor|
Navy Corporate Communications Associate Writer/Editor
SBG Technology Solutions, Inc. (SBG) is growing and would like you to come join our team!
SBG, a service disabled veteran-owned small business specializing in engineering, information technology, cyber-security, and training, is looking for a results-oriented Navy Corporate Communications Associate Writer/Editor. This position is located at Dahlgren, VA.
The ideal candidate for Navy Corporate Communications Associate Writer/Editor position would have experience performing in U.S. Navy, Department of Defense, and/or Federal government Corporate Communications roles. An active or interim Secret security clearance is required.
This U.S. Navy Corporate Communications Division provides strategic counsel, planning, and execution of communication for Naval Surface Warfare Center Dahlgren Division (NSWCDD). The Associate Writer/Editor will provide expertise for informing, promoting, and marketing the successes of NSWC Dahlgren Division and its related commands, community leaders, and stakeholders.
- Contribute directly to initiatives that coordinate and execute projects for public affairs, congressional affairs, visual information and multimedia, and technical library/archives.
- Prepare composition and illustration specifications and front elements of administrative publications, technical reports, news/press releases, and miscellaneous publications. Organize technical information so that it is effectively presented and communicated to the audience.
- Write, proof-read, and edit scriptwriting, news releases, press releases, human interest features, briefings, transcription of oral interviews, and special publication projects.
- Provide editorial support to include creating, reviewing, editing and formatting publications, technical publications, reports, manuals, brochures, focus sheets, journals/magazines, journal articles, conference papers, white papers, programs, and awards.
- Research, develop, investigate, and write/edit a variety of science-related and human-interest news and feature stories through interviews, observations, networking, and library/online resources for publication in national-level print magazines, press releases, and online content.
- Minimum of four (4) years of experience in writing and editing documents working in a military, engineering, technical, research, development, or testing environment.
- Demonstrated ability to create, write, proof-read, and/or edit scriptwriting, news releases, press releases, human interest features, briefings, transcription of oral interviews, and special publication projects.
Education: Associate’s Degree or higher in English, Journalism, public affairs, or related degree OR a minimum of four (4) years of related experience in editing documents working in a military/engineering/technical/research, development, or testing environment.
Clearance: SECRET security clearance or higher. Interim SECRET clearances are acceptable
We offer a very competitive benefits package, in a family-friendly environment.
SBG is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V