|Title:||Senior Link 16 System Engineer|
|Location:||San Diego, CA|
Senior Link 16 System Engineer
SBG Technology Solutions, Inc. (SBG) is growing and would like you to come and join our team!
SBG, a service disabled veteran owned small business specializing in engineering, information technology, cyber-security, and training, is looking for results-oriented Link 16 System Engineers. We are seeking highly motivated individuals looking to join our rapidly growing company. The ideal candidates for this position would be experienced individuals who are hard-working, have the ability to excel in a fast-paced government contractor environment, and have a positive energetic attitude. These positions are located in San Diego, CA and Norfolk/Virginia Beach VA.
SBG Technology Solutions seeks Senior Link 16 System Engineers to work on an exciting Department of Defense contract to provide Systems Engineering & Technical Assistance (SETA) Support Services. These positions will support the Program Executive Office Command, Control, Communications, Computers and Intelligence (PEO C4I) in their work to transform, modernize, improve, and sustain current and future operational maritime tactical Command and Control needs into effective and affordable C2 capabilities for Navy, Marine Corps, Joint, and Coalition warfighters. The overarching goal is to integrate programs into single C2 capabilities, provide configuration and scalable solutions to various platforms, and align to the FORCEnet roadmap.
- Supports all aspects of program systems engineering for Link 16. Apply system engineering principles and expertise to review and provide technical comments on the specifications and interface documents that establish the Functional Baseline (FBL), Allocated Baseline (ABL) and Product Baseline (PBL), to include reviewing Technical Data Packages. Lead technical reviews of the FBL, ABL, and PBL.
- Defines system requirements and allocation of System and Subsystem requirements.
- Coordinate the design and certification of subsystems and integration of the total system.
- Conducts technical investigations in systems design.
- Verifies stability, interoperability, portability, security, or scalability of the system architecture.
- Provides technical guidance or support for the development or troubleshooting of systems.
- Supports operations and maintenance support through hardware and software updates to fielded programs.
- Prepares documentation such as system specifications, test procedures, and presentations for technical briefings as required.
- Plans and conducts systems engineering, engineering analyses, trade studies and feasibility assessments in support of systems engineering activities including technical support for Analyses of Alternatives (AoAs).
- Assists with the development of the C4ISR Data Strategy which includes Information Operations (IO), Combat Systems, Tactical Communications, C2 and Intelligence Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) domains.
- Reviews architectures describing engineering requirements and solutions. Review engineering architectures that address implementation issues.
- Reviews or develops engineering reference implementations and tools to validate policies, procedures and compliance with standards
- Reviews system-level integration test and evaluation plans and procedures, identify and report deficiencies, originate reviews for operations and maintenance procedures or checklists for fielded systems. Support system requirements development and allocation to product baselines for new ship construction platforms.
- Develops change proposals to existing tactical data link MIL-STDs to support C2P, Link 16 and LMMT system requirements. Evaluate proposed changes to data link MIL-STDs proposed by other organizations for impact to C2P, Link 16 and LMMT programs.
- Active DoD Secret Clearance with ability to obtain a TOP SECRET level security clearance with access to Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI).
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Link 16 MIL-STD 6016 and MIL-STD 4175. Demonstrated knowledge of JTIDS and MOS system designs.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Link 16 crypto modernization and frequency remapping requirements and their traceability to JTIDS and MOS systems requirements and design.
- Demonstrated knowledge of DOD Link 16 EMC features test and certification requirements and their application to JTIDS and MOS systems.
- Demonstrated understanding of interface control documents for JTIDS class II and MOS terminals.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen to obtain and maintain a Department of Defense security clearance
Desired skills and experience:
- 8 years Acquisition Program Management support.
- 8 years of specific JTIDS and MIDS on Ship (MOS) system engineering experience. US Navy and/or US Air Force Tactical Data Link experience desired.
We offer a very competitive benefits package, in a family-friendly environment.
SBG is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V