SBG Technology Solutions, Inc. (SBG) is growing and would like you to come join our team!
SBG, a service disabled veteran owned small business specializing in engineering, information technology, cyber-security, and training, is looking for a results-oriented Program Manager. We are seeking a highly motivated individual looking to join our rapidly growing company. The ideal candidate for the Program Manager would be an experienced individual who is hard-working, has the ability to excel in a fast-paced government contractor environment, and is someone who has a positive energetic attitude.
This individual will be responsible for on-site Program Management, engineering, and technical support during U.S. Navy Ship Construction, in-service, and maintenance periods in connection with Surface Ship (primarily Surface Combatants) HM&E and Combat Support Services. This individual will also be for the components being installed, maintained or altered by ship’s force, private contractors, and/or public shipyards.
- Manage and direct teams, including contract support personnel, at multiple locations daily.
- Monitor PSA Work Package progress status on a daily basis on-site at ship’s location.
- Review and ensure conformance with Program task schedules, costs, and test procedures and/or work packages.
- Investigate and review HM&E/Combat Support System Work Packages for Post Shakedown Availabilities (PSA) to ensure correct technical content, priority, category, and applicability
- Ensure technical documentation is in the specified format to support the installation, operation, and maintenance of ship HM&E and Combat Support Systems and equipment.
- Work directly with Senior Engineering and Corrosion Control Technicians to ensure adequate support services required in advance of ship maintenance availabilities are in place.
- Support mission objectives of the Corrosion Control Integrated Product Team (CCIPT) by evaluating corrosion prevention methods, new technology corrosion solutions, and corrosion control improvements.
- Organize, direct, and manage the objectives of the CCIPT and multiple, complex and inter-related project tasks.
- Review and comment on the specifications for repair and overhaul of surface combatants prior to there being issued.
- Ensure equipment tests are conducted/completed IAW test procedures and/or work packages.
- Provide equipment status/problems with recommendations for solutions and provide recommendations with work being performed.
- Develop and enforce work standards to ensure quality assurance, communication goals, objectives, and policies
- Review, develop, and revise to System and Equipment Integrated Electronic Technical Manuals (IETM) and other ILS elements.
- Liaise and coordinate with NAVSEA organizations and NAVSEA Philadelphia to ensure proper flow of information regarding the priorities for and the status of ship construction, operation, and maintenance.
- Make presentations to ship’s forces, senior Navy officers and officials.
Preferred Experience and Education:
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering (e.g., mechanical, electrical, or naval architecture) from an accredited college or a Professional Engineer’s License.
- Fifteen (15) years of practical, relevant surface ship experience dealing with the construction, operation and maintenance of surface ships.
- Ten (10) years’ experience dealing with federal government contracts.
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience directly related to Surface Combatants (CG47 & DDG 51) Class ships.
- Experience managing ship construction, operation, maintenance and repair projects and personnel. Seven (7) years of progressive experience involving design, operation, maintenance, and testing of Surface Combatant ship systems and equipment.
- Familiarity with Navy Operational Sequencing System (OSS) and Planned Maintenance System (PMS).
- Familiarity with the Naval Sea Systems Command, the Naval Surface Warfare Center (higher rating for the Ship Systems Engineering Station), and Navy maintenance and repair organizations.
- Experience directly related to Surface Combatant major construction milestones Combat Support Systems testing at Building Yard/Homeport locations.
- Secret Clearance required.
We offer a very competitive benefits package, in a family-friendly environment. .
SBG is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V