|Title:||Senior Software/System Architect|
SBG Technology Solutions, Inc. (SBG) is growing and would like you to come join our team!
SBG, a service disabled veteran owned small business specializing in engineering, information technology, cyber-security, and training, is looking for a results-oriented Senior Software/System Architect. We are seeking a highly motivated individual looking to join our rapidly growing company. The ideal candidate for the Software/System Architect would be an experienced individual who is hard-working, has the ability to excel in a fast-paced government contractor environment, and is someone who has a positive energetic attitude.
This individual will be a Technical Lead supporting the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Program Management Office.
- A Senior Software/System Architect must have extensive experience in the coordination of program and project leaders to identify requirements for system architecture.
- Must be able to identify strategies for addressing requirements. Must have extensive experience with analysis of requirements against fiscal, schedule, and performance issues.
- Has extensive experience in taking program requirements and is able to create an architecture vision having experience in high volume and high availability networks and systems.
- Experience in creating and conveying to team members the architectural vision for a program or project.
- Is responsible for dictating design choices to software developers, including but not limited to: platforms, coding and technical levels.
- Experience in establishing and enforcing standards and practices.
- Overseeing the development team, he manages the full life cycle of the software development process.
- Has extensive software development experience and thorough knowledge of a variety of programming languages and logic.
- Support high-ranking government clients at the VA Office of Information & Technology (OI&T) as well as the Veterans Health Administration (VHA).
- Interact with additional stakeholders from the VA as well as large and small development firms.
- Provide strategic support aligning to enterprise technology strategy, OIT & VHA initiatives.
- Communicate to project members and stakeholders on progress, issues, and risks including regular status updates; provide pre- and post- implementation communications to impacted teams.
- Comply and support all VIP processes and activities.
- Provide software delivery, implementation, integration, and technical analysis. Outputs include white papers and analytical presentations.
- Promote teamwork and group morale.
Preferred Experience and Education:
- Master’s Degree in computer science, electronics engineering or other engineering or technical discipline is required with 10 years of experience OR
- (2) Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, electronics engineering or other engineering or technical discipline with 20 years of experience
- IT experience with a focus on Healthcare
- Experience with Agile Methodologies and SAFe Tools
- Experience with/Knowledge of DevOps practice and implementation
- Experience with open source software integration
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Experience working with large scale Electronic Health Record Systems (Cerner, Epic, etc.)
- Experience with large scale implementations and systems integrations
- Security and Interoperability experience
- VA experience highly desired but not required
We offer a very competitive benefits package, in a family-friendly environment.
SBG is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V