SBG Technology Solutions, Inc. (SBG) is growing and would like you to come join our team!
SBG, a service disabled veteran owned small business specializing in engineering, information technology, cyber-security, and training, is looking for a results-oriented Technical Editor. We are seeking a highly motivated individual looking to join our rapidly growing company. The ideal candidate for the Technical Editor position would be an experienced individual who is hard-working, with the ability to excel in a fast-paced government contractor environment, and is someone who has a positive energetic attitude.
SBG Technology Solutions seeks a Technical Writer to work on an innovative initiative with Veteran Affiars. Successful candidates must possess strong editing skills, and proven experience communicating with multiple stakeholders on federal government projects. This position will is located in Rossyln, VA.
- Edits and proofreads highly complex or specialized health IT documents or sections of documents prepared by writers, including reports, manuals, procedures and specifications
- Maintains responsibility for material or production through the stages of publishing, including layout and formatting by interfacing with technical writers, illustrators, and word processors to ensure final product
- Draws on prior health IT experience to help tell the story of each artifact in the mind of the readers
- Develops editing standards and styles and analyzes the interpretation of complex government standards
- Bachelors Degree in Business plus 5 years of editing experience. Eight additional years of experience may be substituted for education
- Prior experience as a Technical Editor and/or writer of Health IT technical documents
- Prior Veteran Affairs experience is required.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen, Permanent Resident or EAD to obtain and maintain a Veterans Affair’s Public Trust clearance
We offer a very competitive benefits package, in a family-friendly environment.
SBG is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V