|Title:||Navy Corporate Communications Program Manager and Senior Editor|
Navy Corporate Communications Program Manager and Senior Editor
SBG Technology Solutions, Inc. (SBG) is growing and would like you to come join our team!
SBG, a service disabled veteran-owned small business specializing in engineering, information technology, cyber-security, and training, is looking for a results-oriented Navy Corporate Communications Program Manager and Senior Editor. This position is located at Dahlgren, VA.
The ideal candidate for Navy Corporate Communications Program Manager and Senior Editor position would be an individual with experience managing and performing in U.S. Navy, Department of Defense, and/or Federal government Corporate Communications roles. An active or interim Secret security clearance is required.
This U.S. Navy Corporate Communications Division provides strategic counsel, planning, and execution of communication for Naval Surface Warfare Center Dahlgren Division (NSWCDD). The Program Manager/Senior Editor will provide leadership and oversight for a team responsible for informing, promoting, and marketing the successes of NSWC Dahlgren Division and its related command and community leaders and stakeholders.
- Lead initiatives that coordinate and execute projects for public affairs, congressional affairs, visual information and multimedia, and technical library/archives. Manage the contractor team and the team budget to provide comprehensive communications support including program management, speech writing, writing and editing, exhibit services, photography support, print, photo, video, broadcast production, digital signage, web page development, technical editing, archiving, research, library, and multimedia support.
- Recommend strategies and courses of action that address improved mission capabilities, communications, and content creation. Maintain industry standards while adapting to industry trends in storytelling and design for national-level products.
- Prepare composition and illustration specifications and front elements of administrative publications, technical reports, news/press releases, and miscellaneous publications. Organize technical information so that it is effectively presented and communicated to the audience.
- Write, proof-read, and edit scriptwriting, news releases, press releases, human interest features, briefings, transcription of oral interviews, and special publication projects. Provide editorial support to include creating, reviewing, editing and formatting publications, technical publications, reports, manuals, brochures, focus sheets, journals/magazines, journal articles, conference papers, white papers, programs, and awards.
- Research, develop, investigate, and write a variety of science-related and human-interest news and feature stories through interviews, observations, networking, and library/online resources for publication in national-level print magazines, press releases, and online content.
- Support the development and writing of the Strategic Communications Plans to include research, data collection, metrics, and in-depth knowledge of communications strategy and execution. Activities include plans for special events, meetings, distinguished visitors, historic milestones, anniversaries, and community events.
- Minimum ten (10) years of management experience, with at least five (5) years involving Federal Government programs.
- Proven ability to lead and direct challenging projects and execute assignments independently within the scope of the contract. Demonstrated experience providing administrative oversight, corporate management and ability to provide overall technical, schedule, and cost direction.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in English, Journalism, public affairs, or related degree OR a minimum six (6) years of related experience in editing documents working in a military/engineering/technical/research, development, or testing environment.
Clearance: SECRET security clearance or higher. Interim SECRET clearances are acceptable
We offer a very competitive benefits package, in a family-friendly environment.
SBG is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V