|Title:||Navy Corporate Communications Research Support Specialists|
Navy Corporate Communications Research Support Specialists
SBG Technology Solutions, Inc. (SBG) is growing and would like you to come and join our team!
SBG, a service disabled veteran-owned small business specializing in engineering, information technology, cyber-security, and training, is looking for results-oriented senior and mid-level Navy Corporate Communications Research Support Specialists. The ideal candidates will have experience performing in web page research and web page maintenance and update. An active or interim Secret security clearance is required. These positions are located at Dahlgren, VA.
This U.S. Navy Corporate Communications Division provides strategic counsel, planning, and execution of communication for Naval Surface Warfare Center Dahlgren Division (NSWCDD). The Research Support Specialists will provide expertise for informing, promoting, and marketing the successes of NSWC Dahlgren Division and its related commands, community leaders, and stakeholders.
- Design, develop, and provide support for Armed Forces Public Information Management System (AFPIMS) web development and updates, updates for social media web sites, and manage content displayed on social media sites.
- Assist in processing reference inquiries for technical documentation which will include books, reports, manuals, journal articles, conference papers, specifications/standards, and patents. Search the Technical Library online catalog, commercial and government electronic databases, and hard copy reference resources.
- Maintain records for the Federal Library and Information Network and The Library of Congress (FEDLINK) accounts. Process all transfers, account adjustments, new services, and cancelations for FEDLINK accounts. Update the online catalog to reflect electronic format once documentation is digitized.
- Manage and support the controlled/classified Inventory Collection. Maintain an archival process in accordance with the National Archives and Records Administration for storing and retrieving physical and digital artifacts through Past Perfect Museum Software, to include photographs, newspapers, documents, and videos.
- Research, examine, and retrieve artifacts from the National Archives and other repositories, interface with the community to acquire artifacts, communicate organizational history, document history through research and oral interviews, curate and display heritage exhibits, and distribute contents to appropriate repositories.
- Prepare and provide results from inquiries to the technical departments in hard copy or electronic format. Review technical books and document collections and identify material for deletion or digitization.
- Process and dispose deleted digital material, mark material selected for digitization with the appropriate security distribution statement and process for shipment to the Defense Technology Information Center (DTIC).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Library Science, Historic Preservation, or Humanities AND four (4) years of related experience in research support, library, historic preservation, or technical information profession with emphasis on web page research cataloging support, creating and managing web page links; performs maintenance and updates web pages and develops responses to inquiries and data calls concerning the web pages.
- SECRET security clearance or higher. Interim SECRET clearances are acceptable
- Four (4) years of related experience in research support, library, historic preservation, or technical information profession with emphasis on web page research cataloging support, creating and managing web page links.
- Experience and expertise in performing web page maintenance and updates and developing responses to inquiries and data calls concerning the web pages.
- Demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Positions require four (4) years of related experience as described above.
We offer a very competitive benefits package, in a family-friendly environment.
SBG is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V