|Title:||Systems Engineer MId Level|
|Location:||Washington, DC or Alexandria, VA|
SYSTEMS ENGINEER MID LEVEL
SBG Technology Solutions, Inc. (SBG) is growing and would like you to come join our team! We are a service disabled veteran owned small business, specializing in engineering, information technology, cyber-security, and training. We are looking for a results-oriented mid-level Navy Programs Systems Engineer. The ideal candidate for this position will be an experienced individual who is hard-working, excels in a fast-paced government contractor environment, and has a positive energetic attitude. This position is contingent upon contract award and will be in Washington, DC or Alexandria, VA area.
- Collects, reviews, and analyzes information to make recommendations to the Government. Identify and define problems. Analyze data and develop solutions to engineering problems.
- Prepares written and/or oral reports of findings and solutions to the Government.
- Provides engineering expertise and support the development and implementation of engineering concepts, practices, programs and advanced technologies for improvement of design, construction, and deployment of Navy and Allied combat and weapon systems.
- Performs studies and/or analyses of technical and engineering concept feasibility, rough order of magnitude estimates, and concept studies. Provides engineering and technical advice for systems engineering and technology planning efforts.
- Supports ship and weapon systems engineering design reviews and analyses in a total ship engineering approach (weapons, weapons systems and platforms) including integration of combat systems and C4ISR interfaces, spectrum management, requirements traceability measures of effectiveness, insertion of new technology, and construction and support costs.
- Supports development and maintenance of ship and weapon system specifications, engineering plans, program records, design histories, design configurations, databases and other documentation. Perform and participate in modeling, engineering development, prototyping, pre-production and simulation development and analyses.
- Provides technical analysis of testing requirements. Identify and provide recommendations to resolve weapon system test and evaluation issues. Support the updating of test documents, such as the Test and Evaluation Master Plan (TEMP) and Systems Engineering Plan (SEP) in preparation for major acquisition Milestones.
- Provides Technical Data Package (TDP) support to include developing/reviewing and providing recommendations for Engineering Change Proposals (ECPs), Justification Cost Forms (JCFs), Ship Alterations (SHIPALTS), Ordnance Alterations (ORDALTs), etc.
- Provides Advanced Technology Road-mapping support to include providing recommendations to use new initiatives, new technologies and best practices to incorporate new engineering developments into ship and weapon systems.
- Provides systems engineering support in performing analyses and making recommendations on technical, performance, producibility, risk, return on investment (ROI), and tradeoff studies and assessments.
- Provide support in the development/vetting of risk assessments and mitigation plans.
- Required Experience and Education:
- U.S. citizen with active DoD Secret Security Clearance.
- Bachelor’s level degree in an engineering discipline required.
- Minimum of 7 years of professional experience in systems engineering.
- Experience supporting U.S. Navy programs. Familiarity with and understanding of DoD/Navy U.S. Naval ship, combat, or weapon systems programs.