|Title:||Senior Corrosion Control Technician|
SBG Technology Solutions, Inc. (SBG) is growing and would like you to come join our team!
SBG, a service disabled veteran owned small business specializing in engineering, information technology, cyber-security, and training, is looking for a results-oriented Senior Corrosion Control Technician. We are seeking a highly motivated individual looking to join our rapidly growing company. The ideal candidate for the Senior Corrosion Control Technician would be an experienced individual who is hard-working, has the ability to excel in a fast-paced government contractor environment, and is someone who has a positive energetic attitude.
This individual will be responsible for providing corrosion control policy guidance and technical support at the program level for NAVSEA organizations. There are two openings for this position. One is in Pascagoula, MS and Bath, ME.
- Provide technical guidance on specifications being prepared for corrosion control systems to be installed on surface ships, ship construction, maintenance, and repair.
- Provide technical guidance concerning the techniques involved in the inspection, preparation and application of corrosion protection systems
- Provide on-site engineering and technical services support during construction, Combat Support Systems Onboard Testing (CSSOT), in service, and during maintenance periods in connection with Surface Ship (primarily Surface Combatants) Hull, Mechanical and Electrical (HM&E) Combat Support Systems and components being installed, maintained or altered by ship’s force, private contractors, or public organizations.
- Assist with technical resolution of installation issues, material issues, and implementation of corrective actions.
- Provide information to be used in revising technical documentation regarding the installation, testing, operation, and maintenance of ship systems and equipment.
Preferred Experience and Education:
- Graduate of high school, trade school, industrial school, or correspondence school in which credits were received in algebra, plane geometry, trigonometry, and physics.
- Possess Minimum Clearance Level: Secret
- Must hold a certification as a "Coating Systems Inspector" by the National Association of Corrosion Engineers, NSWCPD, or NSWC Port Hueneme.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in the prevention and control of corrosion and in hull, topside, interior, and deck surface coating systems with higher rating given to AEGIS Class (DDG-51 and CG-47) ships.
- Familiar with and experienced in the application of the regulations of the Clean Air Act, NESHAP, EPA, OSHA, ASTM 718F, and the Material Data Safety Sheet with regard to VOC compliance.
- Experience in the following areas:
- Familiar with corrosion control policy guidance and technical support at the Program level for NAVSEA organization, for example, in support of PEO SHIPS PMS 400D with regards to AEGIS Class (DDG-51 and CG-47) Ships.
- Conducting surveys of underwater hull, topside, interior, and decks to determine the effectiveness of specific corrosion control systems such as attendance at Surface Ship Availabilities.
- Reviewing and providing technical guidance on specifications being prepared for corrosion control systems to be installed on surface ships, ship construction, maintenance, and repair.
- Providing technical guidance concerning the techniques involved in the inspection of preparation and application of corrosion protection systems.
We offer a very competitive benefits package, in a family-friendly environment.
SBG is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V