|Title:||Instructional Systems Designer - TS/SCI|
|Location:||Washington, DC or Alexandria, VA|
Instructional Systems Designer - TS/SCI FS POLY
SBG Technology Solutions, Inc. (SBG) is growing and would like you to come and join our team!
SBG, a service disabled veteran owned small business specializing in engineering, information technology, cyber-security, and training, is seeking experienced for the Instructional Systems Designers positions will be experienced individuals with an active Top Secret/SCI security clearance, the ability to excel in a fast- Instructional Systems Designers to support our clients in the intelligence community. The ideal candidates paced government contractor environment, and self-starters with technical expertise in the appropriate functional areas. These positions are in northern VA/DC Metro area.
Supports instructional system design activities of systematically transferring principles, concepts and best practices of learning and instruction for training materials and activities by analyzing the problem, designing a specification, developing the courseware, implementing the solution, and performing evaluations throughout the process.
- Plans, conducts, analyzes, and reports needs assessments to determine requirements for training and learner profiles, as well as to determine learner profiles and learner learning styles. Provide expertise in adult learning practices and methods to develop and enhance instructional curriculum for classroom, computer-based, and web-based delivery.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and experience in development of various quantitative (e.g., survey) and qualitative (e.g., interview, focus group, observation) data collection methodologies. Carry out data collection, analyze the collected data, and report on the findings to identify performance gaps or learning needs, and their organizational impact.
- Determines learning gains, performance changes, or organizational impact as a result of instruction. Uses empirical data (quantitative and/or qualitative) to make instructional design decisions. Data may come from but are not limited to, needs assessments, organizational metrics, learning assessments, evaluations, material reviews, or observations.
- Documents instructional design plans and finished training materials in the form of a design document, project plans, lesson plans, handouts, learning activities, feedback, or similar. Create documents that identify instructional design and project information to guide the development of instruction and contain any of the following information: summary of the learning need or project requirements, solution concept, project milestones and deliverables, success criteria, project risks, or similar design considerations.
- Demonstrates creation of finished training materials that guide the instructor or learners associated with a learning event, including but not limited to, instructions for course, segment, lesson or activity implementation, appropriate content, feedback, or similar design considerations.
- Designs instructional strategies that engage, motivate, or are learner-centered. Resume must demonstrate how the strategy was intentionally designed to generate student engagement and/or motivation.
- Must have demonstrated the ability to develop project management plans for instructional design projects.
- Must be able to demonstrate how the cross-functional collaboration has benefited an instructional design project or product.
- Designs assessments of learning to determine learning gains or achievement of objectives, which may include, but is not limited to, writing test items, constructing instructional rubrics, or constructing observation protocols.
- Active TS/SCI w FS Poly clearance required
- B.A., B.S. in Instructional Design, Instructional Technology, Education, Distance Learning, English, or Human Performance Technology or related field of study
- Candidates must be capable of developing and converting training course content and curricula into effective online, computer-based, blended, and in-class courses.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in an educational, corporate training, or professional services environment, with an emphasis on e-learning and multimedia technologies. At least five years of experience with instructional design to include designing new lesson plans, redesigning existing lesson plans, and updating courses.
- Demonstrated ability to design, develop, and implement instructional materials and solutions following defined processes to include electronic job aids, structured courseware, and informal learning content.
- Experience in the performance of all aspects of instructional design for classroom and e-Learning and Distributed Learning Environments.
- Demonstrated writing, editing, proofreading, and formatting of customer-ready materials.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Project).
- Demonstrated experience authoring and editing of web and computer-based training materials using Captivate and/or Articulate software. Experience and/or familiarity with e-Learning standards. Familiar with Learning Management Systems, specifically Blackboard.
- Ability to apply various instructional design approaches, tools, processes and principles of adult learning and learning styles.
- You must be a U.S. Citizen to obtain and maintain a DOD security clearance
Desired Skills and Experience
- Instructional Design Certification
- Familiarity with and/or working knowledge of the Intelligence Community.
- Attained industry learning related certifications such as ASTD CPLP, Kirkpatrick, Blackboard, and Articulate Storyline.
We offer a very competitive benefits package, in a family-friendly environment.
SBG is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V