SBG, a service disabled veteran owned small business specializing in engineering, information technology, cyber-security, and training, is looking for a results-oriented Logistics Manager. We are seeking a highly motivated individual looking to join our rapidly growing company. The ideal candidate will be an experienced individual who is hard-working, with the ability to excel in a fast-paced government contractor environment and has a positive, energetic attitude.
These positions are contingent upon contract award. Positions will be in Pascagoula, MS and Bath, ME.
- Responsible for identifying and reporting actual and potential logistical problems to SEA 21 New Construction Program Offices.
- Provides logistical, technical and administrative support to all assigned Prospective Supply Officers for planning and managing ship’s load-out including COSAL/GUCL review, Lock and Key Plan development, ACR/AEL review, Postal Plan development, ship’s store management, HAZMAT load plan, and coordination of SUPSHIP/Contractor/ ship’s force logistical efforts.
- Provides training support to the Prospective Training Officer for planning and implementing the ship’s training program including coordination of familiarization and operator/maintenance training for all Precommissioning crewmembers.
- Assists/coordinates with Program Office to ensure ILS and Post Delivery events are executed on time and successfully.
- Provides Ship logistic support both in port and underway to ensure timely delivery of the ship outfitted to meet post-delivery requirements.
- Develops logistics management plans and guidelines, Integrated Logistics Support (ILS) Plans, Configuration Management (CM) Plans, and Training Plans.
- Supports New Construction and In-Service commands in all major milestone evolutions (e.g. shipbuilding and repair milestones for new construction and in-service ships).
Position Qualifications and Requirements:
- Must possess a Bachelors Degree and a minimum 10 years of relevant experience in logistics, supporting various military customers/programs, including the US Navy. At least 5 years of supervisory experience in DoD/Navy programs.
- Active DOD Secret clearance
- Experience in logistics management including systems acquisition and life-cycle support and represent all Integrated Product Support elements.
- In-depth knowledge of logistics product development tools, standards, and processes.
- Experience with Navy new construction milestones and training, training systems, in-service training, and technical and administrative support services is desired but not required.
- Be effective briefing and communicating with senior Navy officers and government officials. Strong background in team and mid to senior level management experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products MS Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Must be a U.S. citizen to obtain and maintain a Department of Defense security clearance.
We offer a very competitive benefits package, in a family-friendly environment.
SBG is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V