|Title:||Navy Corporate Communications Assistant|
Navy Corporate Communications Assistant
SBG Technology Solutions, Inc. (SBG) is growing and would like you to come and join our team!
SBG, a service disabled veteran-owned small business specializing in engineering, information technology, cyber-security, and training, is looking for a results-oriented Navy Corporate Communications Assistant. The ideal candidate for Navy Corporate Communications Assistant position would have experience performing in U.S. Navy, Department of Defense, and/or Federal government Corporate Communications roles. An active or interim Secret security clearance is required. This position is located in Dahlgren, VA
This U.S. Navy Corporate Communications Division provides strategic counsel, planning, and execution of communication for Naval Surface Warfare Center Dahlgren Division (NSWCDD). The Communications Assistant will provide expertise for informing, promoting, and marketing the successes of NSWC Dahlgren Division and its related commands, community leaders, and stakeholders.
- Provides publication editing and writing support to include edits for content, grammar, punctuation, spelling, clarity of sentences, and format.
- Writes, proofreads, and edits scriptwriting, news releases, briefings, transcription of interviews, and special publication projects.
- Provides editorial support to include creating, reviewing, editing and formatting publications, technical publications, reports, manuals, brochures, focus sheets, journals/magazines, journal articles, conference papers, white papers, programs, and awards.
- Provides photography support for events. All photography should be captured in a journalistic style in digital format.
- Assists in the shooting of digital videography and photographs, digital video/audio editing and production, and interactive/multi-media products.
- Assists in the design, development, and production of physical exhibits, displays, posters, and banners.
- Designs, develops, and supports web development and updates, updates for social media websites, and manage content displayed on social media sites and digital signage.
- Researches, develops, investigates, and writes a variety of science-related and human-interest news and feature stories through interviews, observations, networking, and library/online resources for publication in national-level print magazines, press releases, and online content.
- Leads initiatives that coordinate and execute projects for public affairs, congressional affairs, visual information and multimedia, and technical library/archives.
- SECRET security clearance or higher. Interim SECRET clearances are acceptable
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications field, public relations, or marketing and two (2) years of related experience OR six (6) years related experience as described below.
- Experience in the field for public relations, public affairs, or journalism with experience in research, conducting interviews, writing, editing, and obtaining release/approval for articles, feature stories, news releases, including electronic, web-based, and hard copy material.
- Proven ability to support employee communication programs and products, media relations programs, community relations, special events, and provide photography support.
- Demonstrated ability to create, write, proof-read, and/or edit scriptwriting, news releases, press releases, human interest features, briefings, transcription of oral interviews, and special publication projects.
We offer a very competitive benefits package, in a family-friendly environment.
SBG is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V