|Title:||IT/Cyber Engineer, Expert|
|Location:||DC Metro, Charleston, SC and Norfolk, VA|
IT/Cyber Engineer, Expert
SBG Technology Solutions, Inc. (SBG) is growing and would like you to come join our team!
SBG, a service disabled veteran owned small business specializing in engineering, information technology, cyber-security, and training, is looking for a results-oriented IT/Cyber Engineer, Expert. We are seeking a highly motivated individual looking to join our rapidly growing company. The ideal candidate for the IT/Cyber Engineer, Expert position would be an experienced individual with an active DoD Secret security clearance, the ability to excel in a fast-paced government contractor environment, and a self-starter with expertise in the appropriate functional areas.
Positions are available in Washington, D.C./National Capital Region; Charleston, S.C.; and Norfolk, VA supporting the Commander, Navy Installations Command (CNIC).
This IT/Cyber Engineer, Expert position will support the U.S. Navy’s Commander, Navy Installations Command (CNIC) Information Management/Information Technology/Command & Control (IM/IT/C2) services infrastructure to provide effective and efficient shore installation services and sustain and improve current and future fleet readiness and mission execution.
- Develops, designs, and assesses IT/Cyber system requirements, specifications, architectures, and equipment.
- Develops and conducts IT/IA/Cyber systems test and evaluation.
- Uses multiple current cybersecurity tools, software suites, devices, appliances and systems to test, assess, and operate systems.
- Assesses and evaluates new and emerging IT/IA technologies and capabilities.
- Makes recommendations regarding use and implementation of new and emerging technologies
- Assists in the development and application of DIACAP/RMF Implementation Plans.
- Provides C&A support in the areas of network topologies, file/application, and related areas.
- Assists in the preparation of required C&A or A&A documentation, addressing Independent Validation and Verification (IV&V) results and assisting enclave personnel in preparing Approval and Interim Approval to Operate (ATO) (IATO).
- Proposes updated and/or revised architecture and/or configuration changes to accommodate changing requirements, emerging technologies, and results of vulnerability assessments for government review and approval.
- Integrates capabilities within CNIC’s IM/IT/C2 infrastructure to enable the staff to monitor, detect, scan, record, audit, analyze, investigate, report, remediate, coordinate, and track security-related “events” such as signs of intrusion, compromise, misuse, and compliance.
- Develops, provides, and assesses strategic security services and solutions to enhance the confidentiality, integrity, and availability, authenticity, and non-repudiation requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Physical Sciences, Mathematics, Management Information Systems, or Business
- Fifteen (15) years of experience, to include: Technology Analysis and Assessment, Design Definition, Development of Systems Specification, Systems Analysis, Systems Architecture, Systems/Equipment Integration, Test & Evaluation Criteria, and Logistics support of C4ISR requirements.
- Five (5) years of technical experience. Note: Experience may be concurrent.
- Experience with the use of current cybersecurity tools, software suites, devices, appliances and systems, such as the DoD Host Based Security System Suite (HBSS) suite, including the HBSS Enterprise Policy Orchestrator (ePO); the DoD Assured Compliance Assessment Solution suite; the McAfee SIEM product suite, including Enterprise Security Manager (ESM), Enterprise Log Manager (ELM), log receiver, event correlation engine or the equivalent replacements.
- Possess one or more of the following:
- IAM Level 1: Current
- IAM Level 2: Current IAM Level 2 certifications (one or more of CAP; CASP CE; CISM; CISSP (or Associate); GSLC)
- IAM Level 3: Current CISM; CISSP (or Associate); GSLC), OR
- IAT Level 3: Current Information Assurance Technical (IAT) Level 3 certifications (one or more of CASP CE; CCNP Security; CISA; CISSP (or Associate); GCED; GCIH
- Must be a U.S. Citizen to obtain and maintain a DOD security clearance
Clearance: Qualified candidates must have a favorably adjudicated Tier 5 (T5) investigation (formerly a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) or SSBI-PR. An active DoD Secret security clearance will normally meet this requirement.
We offer a very competitive benefits package, in a family-friendly environment.
SBG is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V