|Title:||Agile Project Manager|
SBG Technology Solutions seeks a project manager to assist the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Office of Information Technology (OIT) Product Development (PD) Directorate in developing and implementing a strategic implementation plan for agile development within OIT PD, to include documentation of the plan.
- Support the OIT PD software development program and project teams by providing recommendations for improving processes, products and documentation.
- Assist in developing a proposal for a program and project implementation plan for agile development methodologies within the OIT PD.
- Assist in defining a viable Agile Software Development Lifecycle (ASDLC) process, using industry best business practices, for OIT projects.
- Perform project assessments for each of the projects identified by the VA OIT PD requiring agile mentoring, to include initial and ongoing maturity assessments, project coaching, and mentoring.
- Apply agile, lean and development operations management methodologies to the core concepts of the PMAS Guidelines and ProPath.
- Coach the stakeholder IPT (including OIT and non-OIT staff) on agile/lean practices and cultural changes in an agile environment.
- Coordinate with non-product development entities to facilitate an agile culture.
- Recommend changes to PMAS and ProPath, to assist in standardization of project processes and technology program integration.
- Develop a Contractor Project Management Plan (CPMP) that lays out an approach, timeline, and tools to be used in execution of this agile strategic implementation plan that takes the form of both a narrative and graphic format that displays the schedule, milestones, risks and resource support.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- PMP Certification (highly desired).
- 7 years of professional business process experience in the IT field.
- Recent project management experience with emphasis on agile methodologies.
- VA clearance.
- Experience with PMAS and ProPath.
- Experience with Scrum Agile Methodology.
Founded in 2004, SBG has emerged over the past nine years as one of the premiere small government contractors in the nation. SBG provides information technology, training and consulting services to federal government and commercial clients including the Departments of Defense, Homeland Security and Veterans Affairs, Navy, and Army National Guard. SBG is growing continuously, solidifying our reputation as an innovative and reliable partner and excellent place to work and grow a career. SBG’s benefits package includes comprehensive health and dental care, life insurance, industry-leading 401(k) options, 25 days of paid time off per year, schedule flexibility, and telework opportunities.
Location: Alexandria, Va.
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Required Clearance: VA Clearance highly desired
Potential for Teleworking: Yes