|Title:||Systems Engineer (SATCOM)/Test and Evaluation|
Systems Engineer (SATCOM)/Test and Evaluation
SBG Technology Solutions, Inc. (SBG) is growing and would like you to come join our team!
SBG, a service disabled veteran owned small business specializing in engineering, information technology, cyber-security, and training, is looking for a results-oriented Systems Engineer (SATCOM)/Test & Evaluation. We are seeking a highly motivated individual looking to join our rapidly growing company. The ideal candidate for this position would be an experienced individual who is hard-working, with the ability to excel in a fast-paced government contractor environment, and is someone who has a positive energetic attitude.
System Engineer (SATCOM)/Test & Evaluation will support an exciting Department of Defense contract to provide systems engineering support services for research, design, development, production, operation and sustainment of satellite systems necessary for the conduct of Department of the Navy space operations. The support required under this effort will include narrowband SATCOM, Cryptography/Cybersecurity/IA; 3G and beyond WCDMA telecommunications and IP-network operations; E2E systems and terminal integration; environmental monitoring;. PNT; ISR; SSA; Multinational/Allied operations; small satellites (SmallSats; typically less than 300kg); and nano satellites (NanoSats; typically less than 10kg). This position is located in Norfolk, VA
- Supports systems engineering tasks covering a broad spectrum of systems engineering including technical architecture assessments; analysis; integration and interoperability assessments (both internal and external); risk and configuration management; technical management services; science and technology; logistics engineering; operations and sustainment; verification, validation and certification; software engineering; technical demonstration support; post launch support; reliability analysis; future capabilities; test and evaluation; network engineering; and cyber security engineering/re-engineering.
- Provides technical assessments and analysis of DoD and naval space-based technical architectures and provide recommendations for changes if necessary. Provide technical consultation and engineering analyses to ensure program requirements are met.
- Analyzes existing space systems, assess architecture and current hardware limitations. Define and design complex system specifications, input/output processes and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility. Identify system data, hardware, or software components required to meet user needs.
- Defines, designs, and develops new system requirements and allocation of System and Subsystem requirements.
- Coordinates design of subsystems and integration of total system.
- Conducts technical investigations in systems design. Verify stability, interoperability, portability, security, or scalability of system architecture. Provide technical guidance or support for the development or troubleshooting of systems.
- Prepares documentation such as System specifications, test procedures, and presentations for technical briefings as required.
- Plans and conducts systems engineering, engineering analyses, trade studies and feasibility assessments in support of systems engineering activities. systems engineering, technical support and analyses for the space industrial base in identifying critical space-related technologies, as well as supporting other space industrial base initiatives (current or future)
- Evaluates various designs, technologies, and methodologies for implementing network centric architectures in naval space programs.
- Provides technical support and analyses for Analyses of Alternatives (AoAs).
- Bachelor's degree in relevant engineering field from an accredited college or university;
- 5-10 years of hardware and/or software engineering experience with commercial and/or government satellite programs and systems.
- Active Secret clearance
- Experience with Narrowband UHF Satellite Systems a plus.
- Experience and proficiency using Microsoft Office tools such as Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and Project.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen to obtain and maintain a Department of Defense security clearance
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Prior military service is highly desired
We offer a very competitive benefits package, in a family-friendly environment.
SBG is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V