|Title:||Junior Java Developer|
SBG Technology Solutions, Inc. (SBG) is growing and would like you to come join our team!
SBG, a service disabled veteran owned small business specializing in engineering, information technology, cyber-security, and training, is looking for a results-oriented Junior Java Developer. We are seeking a highly motivated individual looking to join our rapidly growing company. The ideal candidate for the Junior Java Developer would be an experienced individual who is hard-working, has the ability to excel in a fast-paced government contractor environment, and is someone who has a positive energetic attitude.
SBG Technology Solutions seeks a Junior Java Developer to provide development support for the redesign of a web application with the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA).
- Participate in scrum meetings and project team meetings.
- Analyze designs and build components or modules; establish build, compile and test code, and review code for compliance with requirements, design specifications and coding best practices.
- Modeling techniques, component and object-oriented design, complex algorithmic coding, systematic approaches to application integration.
- Create and update system documentation, reports, presentations, and communicate with the customer on the appropriate user level.
- Apply system security and application security best practices including code/system testing to detect and remediate vulnerabilities.
Preferred Experience and Education:
- BA/BS Degree in IT-related field is required.
- At least 2 years of development experience with J2EE Java, JMS Experience, and JRules expertise.
- Working knowledge with the following frameworks – spring, hibernate, and J2E design patterns.
- Oracle back-end expertise.
- Experience working in an Agile development environment is preferred.
- Understanding of development “best practices” and code quality.
- Experience with software testing, requirements tracking/traceability,
- Experience supporting Department of Veterans Affairs preferred.
- Possess excellent troubleshooting and analytical skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Expert in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
We offer a very competitive benefits package, in a family-friendly environment.
SBG is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V