SBG, a service disabled veteran owned small business specializing in engineering, information technology, cyber-security, and training, is looking for a results-oriented Program Manager. We are seeking a highly motivated individual looking to join our rapidly growing company. The ideal candidate will be an experienced individual who is hard-working, with the ability to excel in a fast-paced government contractor environment and has a positive, energetic attitude.
This position is contingent upon contract award. This position will be in Washington, D.C. area.
- Provides program management support for the Program Manager Office for Surface Training Systems Program Office (PMS 339). Responsible for management of all contractor personnel.
- Serves as the point of contact with the program office for all services dealing with new construction and modernization ship crews to include all Administrative, Logistical, Training, Technical, Commissioning, and Shipboard Information Technology (IT) Services.
- Monitors and manages work/task progress status. Ensure conformance with Program task schedules, costs, and procedures.
- Prepares and submits recurring status and related program financial reports.
- Enforces work standards to ensure quality assurance, communication goals, objectives, and policies.
- Liaise with various NAVSEA organizations to ensure proper flow of information.
- Provides administrative and technical training support services to all New Construction Ships, assigned In-service Ships, and AEGIS Ashore detachments.
- Supports New Construction and In-Service commands in all major milestone evolutions (e.g. shipbuilding and repair milestones for new construction and in-service ships),
- Briefs, interfaces with, and makes presentations to senior Navy and government officials.
Position Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree (BA/BS) in related field such as Business, Management, or Engineering.
- Active Secret clearance
- Must demonstrate expert knowledge of DoD program management, technical, business management and a firm understanding of DoD program analysis support.
- Must possess a minimum of 15 years of professional experience in the Defense acquisition process, program management, technical, or business management.
- Experience with Navy new construction milestones and training, training systems, in-service training, and technical and administrative support services.
- Understand Navy shipbuilding and pre-commissioning processes, ship certification processes, and be effective briefing and communicating with senior Navy officers and government officials.
- Additionally, must have a firm understanding of the various Navy IT / Administrative programs.
- Strong background in team and mid to senior level management experience. Former ship pre-commissioning experience is desired.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products MS Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen to obtain and maintain and Department of Defense Security clearance
We offer a very competitive benefits package, in a family-friendly environment.
SBG is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V