|Title:||Senior Systems Engineer AWS SME|
SBG Technology Solutions, Inc. (SBG) is growing and would like you to come join our team!
SBG, a service disabled veteran owned small business specializing in engineering, information technology, cyber-security, and training, is looking for a results-oriented Senior Systems Engineer Amazon Web Services Subject Matter Expert. We are seeking a highly motivated individual looking to join our rapidly growing company. The ideal candidate for the Senior Systems Engineer Amazon Web Services Subject Matter Expert would be an experienced individual who is hard-working, has the ability to excel in a fast-paced government contractor environment, and is someone who has a positive energetic attitude.
This individual will be supporting the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Program Management Office.
- Assists in providing technical input to the systems engineering process. Provides requirements analysis. May prepare and present systems assurance reviews.
- Identifies requirements and deficiencies in hardware and software products.
- Advises customer in product selection and use, capacity planning operations and performance management.
- As an Amazon Web Services (AWS) SME support the planning and execution of deploying a copy of all required VistA versions to the Future Technology Laboratory Cloud which is hosted through AWS.
- Develop and support existing Dev/Ops processes in support of the Future Technology Laboratory.
- Position supports project and works with the staff from the Future Technology Laboratory to ensure required VistA instances are installed and functioning.
- Support high-ranking government clients at the VA Office of Information & Technology (OI&T) as well as the Veterans Health Administration (VHA).
- Interact with additional stakeholders from the VA as well as large and small development firms.
- Provide strategic support aligning to enterprise technology strategy, OIT & VHA initiatives.
- Communicate to project members and stakeholders on progress, issues, and risks including regular status updates; provide pre- and post- implementation communications to impacted teams.
- Comply and support all VIP processes and activities.
- Promote teamwork and group morale.
Preferred Experience and Education:
- Master’s degree in computer science, electronics engineering or other engineering or technical discipline is required. 10 years of experience with a focus on HealthCare (10 years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education).
- Five or more years of Linux/Windows networking.
- Three or more years of VNware/ESX administration.
- Three or more years of experience with Dev/Ops support.
- Three or more years of AWS experience with VPC administration setup and configuration is required.
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect is preferred.
- Experience with tools like Vagrant, Docker, Chef is preferred.
- MCSE, CCNA, Comptia A+ , Comptia Network+ is preferred.
- Senior level communication skills and experience, including the ability to explain technical concepts to diverse groups of stakeholders is preferred.
- Experience with Agile Methodologies is preferred.
- Experience working with large scale Electronic Health Record Systems (Cerner, Epic, etc.) is preferred.
- Experience with large scale implementations and systems integrations is preferred.
- VA experience highly desired.
We offer a very competitive benefits package, in a family-friendly environment.
SBG is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V