|Title:||Sr. Systems Engineer - HealthShare|
Senior Systems Engineer - HealthShare
SBG Technology Solutions, Inc. (SBG) is growing and would like you to come join our team!
SBG, a service disabled veteran owned small business specializing in engineering, information technology, cyber-security, and training, is looking for a results-oriented Sr. Systems Engineer. We are seeking a highly motivated individual looking to join our rapidly growing company. The ideal candidate for the Sr. Systems Engineer position would be an experienced individual who is hard-working, has the ability to excel in a fast-paced government contractor environment, and is someone who has a positive energetic attitude.
SBG Technology Solutions seeks an experienced HealthShare Senior Systems Engineer to perform research and provide technical guidance and support for HealthShare efforts in support of the VistA migration to Cerner and interim interoperability with other systems till Cerner completely replaces VistA. This includes the coordination efforts for HealthShare demonstrations ensuring appropriate access to resources to avoid duplicative efforts and costs, including product licensing.
- Performs research and provides technical guidance and support for HealthShare efforts in support of the VistA migration to Cerner and interim interoperability with other systems till Cerner completely replaces VistA
- Coordinates efforts for HealthShare demonstrations ensuring appropriate access to resources to avoid duplicative efforts and costs, including product licensing
- Provides interface and data element support related to the implementation of Cerner and ensuring access to legacy data and systems up to and including Cerner write back and data dictionary update capabilities to VistA
- Provides technical support in system architecture, system design, system integration and technical management.
- Assists in providing technical input to the systems engineering process. Lead teams in developing application and technical plans.
- Guides customers in the installation and use of strategic products through education and guidance, first-use and tuning assistance problem solving and critical situation resolution.
- Provides analysis of requirements against fiscal, schedule, and performance issues
- Creates and conveys an architectural vision for a program or project using program requirements
- Identify project needs and make recommendations/suggestions regarding technical direction
- Provide expert advice and thoughtful leadership to multiple VA customers
- Responsible for dictating design choices to software developers, including but not limited to: platforms, coding and technical levels
- Performs data analysis to identify and implement process improvements
- Provides effective communication and project coordination to project stakeholders
- Master’s degree in computer science, electronics engineering or other engineering or technical discipline is required with 10 years’ experience (20 years of relevant experience may be substituted for education)
- Experience with VA EHR systems and supporting related system and data architecture
- Experience with InterSystems HealthShare product suite.
- Experience using and troubleshooting issues with HL7 and SOAP Services
- Experienced with VistA’s Cache instances
- Extensive experience with infrastructure capacity, planning and performance
- Extensive experience in the coordination of program and project leaders to requirements for system architecture.
- Must be able to identify strategies and solutions for addressing requirements.
- Extensive experience with analysis of requirements against fiscal, schedule, and performance issues
- Extensive experience in taking program requirements and the ability to create an architecture vision having experience in high volume and high availability networks and systems
- Experience in establishing and enforcing standards and practices
- Extensive software development experience and thorough knowledge of a variety of programming languages and logic
- Must be a U.S. Citizen, Permanent Resident or EAD to obtain and maintain a VA Public Trust Clearance.
Desired Skills and knowledge
- Experience with the VA (particularly VHA and OI&T) strongly preferred
- Active VA clearance preferred
We offer a very competitive benefits package, in a family-friendly environment.
SBG is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V