|Title:||Senior Program Analyst - Navy Modernization Program|
SBG Technology Solutions seeks a Senior Program Analyst/Requirements Officer for the Navy Modernization Program - Destroyers and Future Surface Combatants in support of a Department of Defense Contract. The officer will provide program requirements management support at the Resource Sponsor level. This position is contingent upon contract award.
- Provide strategic analysis and well-integrated/coordinated support for the Navy Modernization Program in accordance with DoD program management and Acquisition oversight policies and strategies.
- Review, develop, and update program specifications, guidance documents and technical documentation. Prepare briefs, outlines, draft reports and publications and documentation to support Flag level technical and financial briefings/meetings and major milestone decisions.
- Draft white papers, concept papers, technical reports, meeting summaries, or other material that document results meetings or analyses, and/or pertinent issues relating to Defense Planning Guide activities.
- Participate in acquisition processes involving modernization, Destroyers and Future Surface Combatants programs to include Joint Capabilities Integration and Development System (JCIDS) processing and Planning, Programming, Budgeting and Execution (PPBE) management of the Navy Surface Combat capabilities.
- Provide recommendations regarding requirements and assists in the evaluation and impact determination of Analysis of Alternative (AoA) reports.
- Provide assistance in the development of proposals for POM budget cycles. Identify, integrate and coordinate Navy Modernization Program requirements into the POM cycle.
- Provide assistance in the development of program performance metrics to include review and analyses of schedules funding profiles, and fielding profiles.
- Provide support to Integrated Product Teams (IPTs), Special Advisory Boards, and off sites.
- Maintain strong relationships and open communication with Program Offices and related government activities and industries under contract to the Program Offices.
- Provide background for responses to Congressional, DoD, other Government agency or industry inquiries to include researching policy/procedures and providing back up analysis.
- Monitor programs and projects to measure progress towards reaching objectives in an effective and economical manner.
- Review acquisition strategies and plans. Communicate program objectives to key high-level officials and project officers in those organizations that support the programs. Drafts formal presentations and high level briefings to support and defend programming proposals.
- Participate in System Requirements Reviews and provide recommendations/resolutions to issues and actions.
- Maintain and manage Ship Control Documents (SCD) to include validating requirement, cost, funding lines, available funding, and stakeholder concurrence.
- Develop methods for securing the kind of data needed to assure that management will be able to effectively develop and/or execute various phases of the program/project.
- Support cost and schedule performance reviews.
- Develop new, or revise administrative methods and processes, for Combat Systems (CS) and Hull, Mechanical and Electrical (HM&E) upgrades in order to sustain force structure.
- Provide recommendations for Ship Change Document (SCD) process improvements and steps to achieve improvements. Review new SCD’s and other NAVSEA reports for action.
Preferred Experience and Education:
- Minimum of ten (10) years hands-on program and requirements management experience and intimate knowledge of DoD acquisition policies and procedures.
- The applicant must have extensive knowledge and experience in schedule and performance/technical aspects of current, future, and interrelated programs.
- Contractor shall have existing extensive knowledge of the DDG1000 program, DDG Flight III destroyers, and the Future Surface Combatant development process and shall display expert level of understanding of program requirements while performing all efforts related to this task.
- Expert level knowledges of the Joint Capabilities Integration and Development System (JCIDS); Planning, Programming, Budgeting and Execution (PPBE) and Department of Defense (DoD) processes.
- Experience with the Naval Sea Systems Command Ship Change Document (SCD) process.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Proficiency in Microsoft Office 2010 including MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Project, MS Access and Adobe Acrobat.
- Extensive experience interacting with senior leadership.
We offer a very competitive benefits package, in a family-friendly environment.
Please visit us at www.sbgts.com.
SBG is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V