|Title:||Program Analyst - Surface Warfare Manpower|
SBG Technology Solutions seeks a Program Analyst/Requirements Officer for Navy Surface Warfare Manpower and ROC/POE in support of a Department of Defense Contract. The officer will provide program requirements management support at the Resource Sponsor level. This position is contingent upon contract award.
- Provide strategic analysis and well-integrated/coordinated support for the Navy Surface Warfare Manpower Program in accordance with DoD program management and Acquisition oversight policies and strategies.
- Draft white papers, concept papers, technical reports, meeting summaries, or other material that document results meetings or analyses, and/or pertinent issues relating to Defense Planning Guide activities.
- Provide support to Integrated Product Teams (IPTs), Special Advisory Boards, and off sites.
- Maintain strong relationships and open communication with Program Offices and related government activities and industries under contract to the Program Offices.
- Provide background for responses to Congressional, DoD, other Government agency or industry inquiries to include researching policy/procedures and providing back up analysis.
- Develop and analyze cost estimates associated with Surface Warfare crews, and shore support staff.
- Identify, justify and manage Surface Warfare manpower and training resource requirements needed to develop and maintain N96 equities.
- Assist in the continuous assessment of manpower funds ensuring justification of work as described in the N96 Intelligent Workbook.
- Directly assist N96D annual development of the N96 Intelligent Workbook (IW) Program Objective Memorandum (POM) input for the Sponsor Program Proposal (SPP) derived from lower echelon requirements, OPNAV Manpower Estimate Report, training plans, ROC/POE and other manning related briefings.
- Participate in all POM and associated acquisition processes including justification of N96 Planning,
- Programming, Budgeting and Execution (PPBE) manpower and training requirements via the IW.
- Review and/or develop manpower and training strategies and plans related to acquisitions, urgent operational needs and other Fleet or Type Commander requirements. Communicate manpower and training objectives to Manpower section head. Draft formal presentations and high level briefings (e.g., Flag and SES) to support and defend programming proposals.
- Research and document the Required Operational Capabilities (ROC) and Projected Operational Environment (POE) for Surface Warfare platforms. Coordinate the required updates for each of the ten Surface Warfare ROC/POE documents to ensure that they are completed on schedule, in accordance with applicable instructions.
- Liaison with necessary Warfare Sponsors, requirements officers, Fleet and Manpower contacts to accurately document and update the ROC/POEs.
- Analyze the impact of ROC/POE capability changes on manpower requirements and crew sizes.
- Execute queries and develop manpower reports utilizing the Intelligent Workbook (IW), Total Force
- Manpower Management System (TFMMS), and Programming and Budgeting Information System, (PBIS).
- Develop and enter manpower POM issues in the IW and PBIS in support of N96 POM.
Preferred Experience and Education:
- Minimum of seven (7) years of general experience, with at least five (5) years of hands-on experience, in the DoD/Navy manpower policies and procedures as described in the responsibilities listed above.
- The applicant shall be able to assess the implementation of defined requirements associated to the mission and subsequently developing plans to better meet those requirements, and assess historical and current program performance in relation to mission objectives.
- Experience with the Planning, Programming, Budgeting and Execution (PPBE) process.
- Experience with manpower and manning analysis to include coordination with Fleet, Type Commander, program office and NAVMAC counterparts for the validation of manpower requirements documents to include Manpower Estimate Reports (MER), Preliminary Ship Manpower Documents (PSMD), Ship Manpower Documents (SMD), Crew Sequencing and Phasing Plans (CSPP), Activity and Facility Manning Documents (AMD / FMD).
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Proficiency in Microsoft Office 2010 including MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Project, MS Access and Adobe Acrobat.
- Experience interacting with senior leadership.
- Knowledge of the Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition (BIEE) of the Navy Manpower Programming and Budgeting System (NMPBS) is preferred.
We offer a very competitive benefits package, in a family-friendly environment.
Please visit us at www.sbgts.com.
SBG is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V