|Title:||Systems Engineer- User Entry and Space Flight Operations|
|Location:||San Diego, CA|
SBG Technology Solutions seeks several experienced engineers on a new and exciting Department of Defense contract to provide systems engineering support services necessary to conduct space operations in mission areas to include narrowband Satellite Communications (SATCOM); 3G and beyond Wideband Code Division Multiple Access (WCDMA) telecommunications and IP-network operations: End-to-End (E2E) systems and terminal integration; environmental monitoring (weather, altimetry, etc.); Positioning, Navigation and Timing (PNT); Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR); Space Situational Awareness (SSA) and Multi-national/Allied operations support services.
- Provide for the technical assessment, production and transition plan for any terminal associated with each system, as required. Provide Military Standard (MIL-STD) Development Support specifically with Manage and Maintain Conformance Plans & Processes, Conformance Test Case Development & Integration, Conformance Testing & Reporting, MIL-STD 188-187 Maintenance and SISC Support and Common Air Interface (CAI) ICD Maintenance. This assessment shall provide for an engineering based feasibility recommendation for system integration of the terminal.
- Provide technical expertise and engineering analysis during operational testing to ensure the terminal is interoperable with all hardware, software and firmware within the system. Provide technical expertise and engineering analysis to include emerging requirements including Coalition Waveform (WF), new security posture, WF exportability, WF Development Platform Evolutions.
- Provide technical support to ensure the WF software code base adheres to WF specifications and applicable standards to maximize interoperability, improve security, reduce complexity, and enhance affordability. Perform technical assessment of the WF including IA & emerging requirements.
- Provide Integration and Lab support including engineering-based feasibility recommendations for system integration.
- Provide MUOS terminal developer support, including participation in TIMs with industry vendors, trouble ticket & PCR coordination, Net-Centric Enterprised Solutions for Interoperability (NESI) developer support site management, and terminal certification Operations & Integration Working Group (OIWG).
- Support orbit analysis activities. Areas of support include M&S including STK, collision avoidance and relocation activities, and any unique satellite operations that are required to be performed, including monitoring and reporting on trouble tickets and service requests.
- Support satellite control activities to include ground system hardware and software network and architecture/configuration, interfaces with the satellite control facility and the Radio Access Facilities/Air Force Satellite Control System and any technical refresh requirements, including monitoring and reporting on trouble tickets and service requests.
- Support generation, peer to peer review, final review and release before delivery to the satellite control facility of operational products including the On Orbit Handbook, Operational Perform Files and Interactive Electronic Technical Manuals.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant engineering field from an accredited college or university;
- Master’s degree in engineering field desired.
- Specialized experience with five years of engineering experience within Narrowband UHF Satellite Systems. Specialized experience in developing or reviewing specifications, monitoring, and advising on UHF SATCOM systems acquisition planning activities.
- Hardware/software integration experience a plus.Current understanding of Military Space systems a plus.
- Experience and proficiency using Microsoft Office tools such as Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and Project.
- Required Clearance: Top Secret or Secret Clearance. Dependent upon specific position and duties.