SBG Technology Solutions, Inc. (SBG) is growing and would like you to come join our team!
SBG, a service disabled veteran owned small business specializing in engineering, information technology, cyber-security, and training, is looking for a results-oriented System Administrator. We are seeking a highly motivated individual looking to join our rapidly growing company. The ideal candidate for the System Administrator would be an experienced individual who is hard-working, has the ability to excel in a fast-paced government contractor environment, and is someone who has a positive energetic attitude.
This individual will be responsible for supporting the Department of Veterans Affairs.
- Manage an enterprise application that consists of a cluster of virtual machines that are deployed within multiple environments.
- Maintain and enhance automated performance scripts utilizing BMC and Entroscope.
- Monitor and maintain system performance dashboard and Web Logic/JMS queues and performance parameters.
- Deploy patches and new releases throughout VM instances utilizing automated deployment scripts and Web Logic admin tools.
- Installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure.
- Plans, coordinates, and implements security measures for information systems to regulate access to computer data files and prevent unauthorized modification, destruction, or disclosure of information.
- Troubleshoots and diagnoses issues proactively, evaluates and implement solutions quickly to achieve the best outcome for end user and system security.
- Completes routine activities related to daily backups and data integrity/security.
- Create and update system documentation, prepare reports and presentations
Preferred Experience and Education:
- BA/BS Degree in IT-related field is required.
- 5+ years of experience as a systems administrator.
- Extensive knowledge of Linux, Websphere, IIS web servers
- Experience supporting Department of Veterans Affairs preferred.
- Possess excellent troubleshooting and analytical skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Expert in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
We offer a very competitive benefits package, in a family-friendly environment.
SBG is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V