SBG Technology Solutions, Inc. (SBG) is growing and would like you to come join our team!
SBG Technology Solutions Inc., a service disabled veteran owned small business, specializing in engineering, information technology, cyber-security and training, is looking for a results-oriented Test Engineer. We are seeking a highly motivated individual looking to join our rapidly growing company. The ideal candidate for the Test Engineer position, would be someone who has a positive energetic attitude, hard-working and the ability to support a fast-paced government contractor.
This individual will be responsible for the redesign of a web application with the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA).
- Participate in an Agile Scrum team process, collaborating closely with system analysts and developers to create test plans.
- Analyze epics and stories to design/implement manual and automated tests.
- Create test scripts that align with traceability matrices and execute scripts and document results.
- Log defects in bug tracking software.
- Work with developers to troubleshoot application defects.
- Understanding of system security and application security best practices including code / system testing to detect vulnerabilities.
- Software testing, requirements tracking/traceability, understanding of development “best practices” and code quality.
- Create and update system documentation, prepare reports and presentations.
Preferred Experience and Education:
- BA/BS Degree in IT-related field is required.
- 5+ years of web application testing experience.
- Experience with Agile tools such as Rational ClearQuest and Requisite ProTest Manager.
- Experience testing web applications, particularly those on the .NET and Java platform.
- Experience with databases, in particular Oracle.
- Experience working in an Agile development environment is preferred.
- Experience supporting Department of Veterans Affairs preferred
- Possess excellent troubleshooting and analytical skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Expert in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
We offer a very competitive benefits package, in a family-friendly environment.
Please visit us at www.sbgts.com.
SBG is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V