|Title:||Surface Combatant HM&E/Combat System Support Engineer|
SBG Technology Solutions seeks two experienced on-site Engineers to provide engineering, program management, and technical support during U.S. Navy Ship Construction, in-service, and maintenance periods in connection with Surface Ship (primarily Surface Combatants) HM&E and Combat Support Systems and components being installed, maintained or altered by ship’s force, private contractors, and/or public shipyards. One position in Pascagoula, MS and one position in Bath, ME.
- Provide on-site engineering and technical services support during construction, Combat Support Systems Onboard Testing (CSSOT), in service, and during maintenance periods in connection with Surface Ship (primarily Surface Combatants) Hull, Mechanical and Electrical (HM&E) Combat Support Systems and components being installed, maintained or altered by ship’s force, private contractors, or public organizations.
- Ensure equipment tests are conducted/completed in accordance with test procedures and work packages. Provide equipment status/problems with recommendations for solutions and provide recommendations with regards to work being performed.
- Investigate and review HM&E/Combat Support Systems equipment Work Packages for Post Shakedown Availabilities (PSA), Post Delivery Availabilities (PDA), Selected Restricted Availabilities, (SRA) and Dry-dock Selected Restrictive Availabilities, (DSRA) to ensure correct technical content, priority, category, and applicability. Ship systems will include main propulsion, auxiliary machinery, interior and exterior paint, decking and corrosion control.
- Provide Work Package monitoring, work progress status on a daily basis on-site at ship’s location. Witness the installation of ship and machinery alterations and report deviations from planned execution. Witness field tests of ship systems and equipment and evaluate their performance as compared to detailed design parameters. Assist with technical resolution of installation issues, material issues, and implementation of corrective actions.
- Ensure system compatibility for all equipment and ensure proper interface requirements. Provide verification of specifications and development of long term maintenance/upgrade strategies.
- Provide information to be used in revising technical documentation regarding the installation, testing, operation, and maintenance of ship systems and equipment. This includes support related to Engineering Operational Sequencing System (EOSS), Technical Manuals and Planned Maintenance System (PMS).
- Support technical review of System and Equipment Integrated Electronic Technical Manuals (IETM) and other Integrated Logistics Support (ILS) Support elements for which NSWCPD has designated authority.
Preferred Experience and Education:
- Graduate of high school, trade school, industrial school, or correspondence school in which credits were received in algebra, plane geometry, trigonometry, and physics.
- Possess Minimum Clearance Level: Secret
- Minimum of three (3) years of practical experience in responsible engineering duties including minimum of three years of progressive experience involving design, operation, maintenance, and testing of Surface Combatant Class Naval ship systems and equipment.
- Must have experience directly related to Surface Combatant major construction milestones and Surface Combatant Combat Support Systems testing at Building Yard/Homeport locations.
We offer a very competitive benefits package, in a family-friendly environment.
Please visit us at www.sbgts.com.
SBG is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V