|Title:||Senior Java Developer|
|Location:||Washington, DC, Alexandria, VA|
Senior Java Developer
SBG Technology Solutions, Inc. (SBG) is growing and would like you to come join our team!
SBG, a service disabled veteran owned small business specializing in engineering, information technology, cyber-security, and training, is looking for a results-oriented Senior Java Developer. We are seeking a highly motivated individual looking to join our rapidly growing company. The ideal candidate for the Senior Java Developer position would be an experienced individual who is hard-working, with the ability to excel in a fast-paced government contractor environment, and is someone who has a positive energetic attitude. This position will be located our corporate office in Old Town Alexandria, VA.
SBG Technology Solutions seeks a Senior Java Developer to provide development support for the redesign of a web application with the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA).
- Participates in scrum meetings and project team meetings.
- Analyzes designs and build components or modules; establish build, compile and test code, and review code for compliance with requirements, design specifications and coding best practices.
- Modeling techniques and design of rule flows and rule sets utilizing JRules rule engine COTS
- Component and object-oriented design, complex algorithmic coding, systematic approaches to application integration
- Creates and updates system documentation, reports, presentations, and communicate with the customer on the appropriate user level.
- Applies system security and application security best practices including code/system testing to detect and remediate vulnerabilities.
- Manages other developers, coordinate tasks, and evaluate performance.
- BA/BS Degree Computer Science or IT-related is required.
- Minimum 8 years of experience in developing J2E Enterprise Level application with extensive development expertise in Java, Junit, JSP, Java scripts, and JMS.
- Expertise in developing java-based business services utilizing JRules rule engine.
- Working knowledge with the following frameworks – spring, hibernate, and J2E design patterns
- Oracle back-end expertise
- Experience with WebSphere and WebLogic
- Working knowledge of ANT and Maven
- Experience with Tomcat and SOAP UI
- Understanding of development “best practices” and code quality.
- Experience with software testing, requirements tracking/traceability,
- Possess excellent troubleshooting and analytical skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Expert in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Must be a US Citizen., Permanent Resident, or EAD to obtain and maintain a VA Public Trust Clearance
Preferred Education and Experience
- Experience working in an Agile development environment is preferred.
- Experience supporting Department of Veterans Affairs preferred
We offer a very competitive benefits package, in a family-friendly environment.
SBG is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V