|Location:||Washington, DC, Alexandria, VA|
SBG Technology Solutions, Inc. (SBG) is growing and would like you to come join our team!
SBG, a service disabled veteran owned small business specializing in engineering, information technology, cyber-security, and training, is looking for a results-oriented Release Manager. We are seeking a highly motivated individual looking to join our rapidly growing company. The ideal candidate for the Release Manager position would be an experienced individual who is hard-working, with the ability to excel in a fast-paced government contractor environment, and is someone who has a positive energetic attitude.
SBG Technology Solutions seeks a Release Manager to support the redesign of a web application with the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). This position will be located in Washington, DC or Alexandria, VA with the option for remote work.
- Document the release scope and deliverables.
- Define target release schedule and roll back plan.
- Lead and coordinate the release readiness reviews, milestones, and the business Go/No-Go Activities including the execution of the deployment plans and checklists.
- Manage risks and resolve issues that affect release scope, schedule, and quality.
- Document and communicate all changes for a release in Release Notes which are published to both the internal Symphony team and the client.
- Provide release coordination and communication during and after deployment.
- Create requests for change (RFC to Production) and obtain appropriate approvals.
- Create key metrics to continually tune the Release Management Process.
- Maintain a release repository and manage key information such as build and release procedures, dependencies, and notification lists.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or related scientific or technical discipline. Eight years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education
- 10 years of relevant experience
- Experience in management of individual releases of software, hardware or other system components required
- Must have experience in coordinating with QA, Development, packaging and hardware teams
- Experience in documenting releases, risks and in maintaining the schedule of planned releases is required
- Experience performing Release Management for web applications in an Agile development environment.
- Experience with Software Configuration Management (SCM).
- Must be a U.S. Citizen, Permanent Resident, or EAD to obtain and maintain VA Public Trust Clearance
Preferred Education and Experience
Previous VA experience is highly desired
We offer a very competitive benefits package, in a family-friendly environment.
SBG is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V