|Title:||Satellite Systems Engineer - Space and Satellite Systems|
|Location:||San Diego, CA|
- Support systems engineering tasks covering a broad spectrum of systems engineering including technical architecture assessments; analysis; integration and interoperability assessments (both internal and external); risk and configuration management; technical management services; science and technology; logistics engineering; operations and sustainment; verification, validation and certification; software engineering; technical demonstration support; post launch support; reliability analysis; future capabilities; test and evaluation; network engineering; and cyber security engineering/re-engineering.
- Provide technical assessments and analysis of DoD and naval space-based technical architectures and provide recommendations for changes if necessary. Provide technical consultation and engineering analyses to ensure program requirements are met.
- Analyze existing space systems, assess architecture and current hardware limitations. Define and design complex system specifications, input/output processes and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility. Identify system data, hardware, or software components required to meet user needs.
- Define, design, and develop new system requirements and allocation of System and Subsystem requirements. Coordinate design of subsystems and integration of total system.
- Conduct technical investigations in systems design. Verify stability, interoperability, portability, security, or scalability of system architecture. Provide technical guidance or support for the development or troubleshooting of systems.
- Prepare documentation such as System specifications, test procedures, and presentations for technical briefings as required.
- Plan and conduct systems engineering, engineering analyses, trade studies and feasibility assessments in support of systems engineering activities. systems engineering, technical support and analyses for the space industrial base in identifying critical space-related technologies, as well as supporting other space industrial base initiatives (current or future)
- Evaluate various designs, technologies, and methodologies for implementing network centric architectures in naval space programs.
- Provide technical support and analyses for Analyses of Alternatives (AoAs).
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant engineering field from an accredited college or university;
- At least 3 years of hardware and/or software engineering experience with commercial and/or government satellite programs and systems.
- Experience with Narrowband UHF Satellite Systems a plus.
- Experience and proficiency using Microsoft Office tools such as Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and Project.
Location: San Diego, CA
Travel: As required
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Required Clearance: Secret Clearance. Dependent upon specific position and duties.