SBG Technology Solutions, Inc. (SBG) is growing and would like you to come and join our team!
SBG, a service disabled veteran owned small business specializing in engineering, information technology, cyber-security, and training, is looking for a results-oriented Communications Specialist. We are seeking a highly motivated individual looking to join our rapidly growing company. The ideal candidate for the Communications Specialist position would be an experienced individual who is hard-working, has the ability to excel in a fast-paced government contractor environment, and is someone who has a positive energetic attitude. This position is located in Austin, TX.
SBG Technology Solutions is hiring an Austin TX-based Communication Specialist in support of the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). This team member will play a key role in working with leadership in to develop a 2019 communications vision, prepare informational and promotional materials, complete Action Item information requests, and take the lead role in preparing for a major September 2019 Austin TX Symposium with approximately 400-500 attendees.
- Responsible for leading communications vision and products within the VA’s Enterprise Portfolio Management Division (EPMD).
- Prepares and delivers communications and marketing products, including fact sheets, infographics, presentations and visual aids, interactive PDFs, and web elements.
- Conceptualizes complex information and present in a clear and easily understandable design for official government documents, leadership presentations and briefs, printed marketing and communications materials, and websites.
- Supports program communications and outreach campaigns
- Writes content for fact sheets, presentations, progress reports, and guidance documents (written, audio-visual, and electronic materials).
- Work with existing Program staff, particularly with one staff member proficient in the use of Adobe software products.
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, visual communications, or related field.
- Must have strong writing, editing and strategic communication planning skills
- 3-5 years’ relevant experience required.
- Proficient in InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Experience developing and designing presentations, infographics, and printed media
- Experience with project management, data collection, and coordinating and communicating with a multitude of stakeholders.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Must have the ability to prioritize to meet established deadlines
- Must be a US Citizen, Permanent Resident, or EAD to obtain and maintain a VA Public Trust Clearance
Preferred Experience and Education:
- Basic knowledge of HTML and CSS, experience with WordPress or website content management system, experience with Microsoft SharePoint
- Experience developing online media and web pages
- Active VA Public Trust Clearance is highly desired
We offer a very competitive benefits package, in a family-friendly environment.
SBG is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V