|Title:||Deputy Program Manager|
Deputy Program Manager
SBG, a service disabled veteran owned small business specializing in engineering, information technology, cyber-security, and training, is looking for a results-oriented Deputy Program Manager. We are seeking a highly motivated individual looking to join our rapidly growing company. The ideal candidate will be an experienced individual who is hard-working, with the ability to excel in a fast-paced government contractor environment and has a positive, energetic attitude.
This position is contingent upon contract award. This position will be in Washington, D.C. area.
- Provides program management support for the Program Manager Office for Surface Training Systems Program Office (PMS 339). Assists Program Manager in day-to-day management responsibilities of contract requirements and supervision of contractor personnel.
- Supports and manages team of contractor personnel to provide all services dealing with new construction and modernization ship crews to include all Administrative, Logistical, Training, Technical, Commissioning, and Shipboard Information Technology (IT) Services.
- Monitors and manage work/task progress status. Ensure conformance with Program task schedules, costs, and procedures. Prepare and submit recurring status and related program financial reports.
- Enforces work standards to ensure quality assurance, communication goals, objectives, and policies.
- Liaises with various NAVSEA organizations to ensure proper flow of information.
- Provides administrative and technical training support services to all New Construction Ships, assigned In-service Ships, and AEGIS Ashore detachments.
- Supports New Construction and In-Service commands in all major milestone evolutions (e.g. shipbuilding and repair milestones for new construction and in-service ships),
- Briefs, interfaces with, and makes presentations to senior Navy and government officials.
Position Qualifications and Requirements:
- Must possess a minimum of 10 years of professional experience in the Defense acquisition process, program management, or business management with a minimum of five (5) years supervisory experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field required, or five (5) of the above 10 years demonstrating in-depth experience and specialized knowledge in field.
- Active DOD Secret security clearance
- Must demonstrate expert knowledge of DoD program management, technical, business management and a firm understanding of DoD program analysis support.
- Experience with Navy new construction milestones and training, training systems, in-service training, and technical and administrative support services is required.
- Familiarity with and understanding of Navy shipbuilding and pre-commissioning processes, ship certification processes.
- Be effective briefing and communicating with senior Navy officers and government officials. Strong background in team and mid to senior level management experience. Former ship pre-commissioning experience is desired.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products MS Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Must be a U.S. citizen to obtain and maintain a Department of Defense security clearance
We offer a very competitive benefits package, in a family-friendly environment.
SBG is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V