|Title:||Jr/Sr Functional Analyst|
SBG Technology Solutions seeks both junior and senior functional analysts to support a range of tasks for government clients including functional support to IT program development, creating general systems design documents, direct support to software and database developers, and performing IT testing services.
- Analyze business processes and standard operating procedures.
- Develop and implement business process improvements.
- Work directly with team members to understand business needs, current and future project offerings, and be an active participant in the development of solutions through coordination with team members.
- Manage requirements utilizing IBM/Rational Requisite Pro.
- Participate in requirements sessions, create general designs, perform assembly testing, and support development efforts for multiple functional areas within team.
- Provide functional support to developers and system analysts with project planning, change request administration, procurements, downtime tracking, hardware/software configuration item tracking, briefing preparation, report generation, meeting minutes, budgeting related activities, and various other duties as assigned.
- Support the development of general design documentation. Integrate new requirements into existing general designs. Identify conflicting requirements and work with system analysts to resolve complex design issues and ensure general designs are complete.
- Create and maintain all necessary documentation in accordance with the VA OI&T Guidelines and Standard Operating Procedures (ex. PMAS, ProPath), and business best practices.
- Accountable for identifying documentation needs and keeping the business system of documentation current and published in accordance with SOP.
- Must work closely with team to achieve all project schedule documentation deliverables.
- 3-7 years of work experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in information systems, computer science, accounting or related technical field or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications, training and work experience.
- Must hold an active VA clearance.
- Experience with IBM/Rational Suite of Tools (Requisite Pro, ClearCase, ClearQuest).
- Experience working on a Program Management Office (PMO) support team.
- Excellent computer skills and the ability to create high-value deliverables.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Thorough knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite of Tools (Word, Excel, Project, Power Point, Visio, SharePoint, etc.).
- Knowledge of information systems, software development lifecycle, and current computer technology a plus.
- Experience with software development and maintenance practices and methodologies (especially requirements, design and testing phases) a plus.
Founded in 2004, SBG has emerged over the past nine years as one of the premiere small government contractors in the nation. SBG provides information technology, training and consulting services to federal government and commercial clients including the Departments of Defense, Homeland Security and Veterans Affairs, Navy, and Army National Guard. SBG is growing continuously, solidifying our reputation as an innovative and reliable partner and excellent place to work and grow a career. SBG’s benefits package includes comprehensive health and dental care, life insurance, industry-leading 401(k) options, 25 days of paid time off per year, schedule flexibility, and telework opportunities.
Location: Washington, D.C. metro area
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Required Clearance: Active VA clearance, able to obtain public trust security clearance
Potential for Teleworking: Yes