|Title:||Project Lead - Sr. Systems Engineer|
SBG Technology Solutions, Inc. (SBG) is growing and would like you to come join our team!
SBG, a service disabled veteran owned small business specializing in engineering, information technology, cyber-security, and training, is looking for a results-oriented Project Lead, Senior Systems Engineer. We are seeking a highly motivated individual looking to join our rapidly growing company. The ideal candidate for the Project Lead, Senior Information Assurance Analyst position would be an experienced individual who is hard-working, has the ability to excel in a fast-paced government contractor environment, and is someone who has a positive energetic attitude.
The Project Lead (Systems Engineer, Senior) will manage PMO support for multiple complex Health IT related projects within the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). The project consists of two work streams with a government program manager client for each work stream. One work stream focuses on the enhancement and sustainment of an internal joint Electronic Health Record (EHR) IT system for all VA and Department of Defense EHR; the other focuses on the development, enhancement and sustainment of an external VA EHR IT system for non-VA healthcare providers made available over the internet through secure internet protocols. This project lead will lead a team that provides technical, strategic planning, analytical support, business process engineering, project management, requirements analysis and deployment support for these key work streams.
- Responsible for leading Program Management Office (PMO) support for the deployment, sustainment, enhancement and expansion of VA internal and external EHR IT systems.
- Identifies project needs and make recommendations/suggestions regarding technical direction.
- Provides PMO support for the design and implementation of system security and data assurance, configuration and deployment, testing, analysis of users' needs, creation of flowcharts, diagrams, and other documentation as well as the creation of manuals and detailed sets of instructions.
- Provides PMO support and guidance to the development teams within the guidelines of Agile management methodologies using the IBM Rational Tools Suite.
- Manages and coordinate personnel and functions for PMO support to the VA.
- Accountable for the team's performance including overall client satisfaction.
- Conducts cost, schedule, contract performance, variance, change control and risk analysis. Review client policy and regulations and conduct legal research for compliance under federal law and VA and Department of Defense policy and regulatory guidance.
- Tracks, manages and reports on all development team efforts to plan and execute releases for both work streams under agile methodology.
- Works with the government program managers for the respective work stream to ensure that the scope and direction of their work streams of the project remain within scope and on schedule.
- Support strategic planning initiatives by researching and analyzing program information
- Develops, implements, and maintains standard operating procedures across all project processes
- Develops dashboards to help VA director level leadership ascertain current status and strategic planning for multiple complex development work streams.
- Provides expert advice and thoughtful leadership to multiple VA customers.
- Performs data analysis to identify and implement process improvements.
- Provides effective communication and project coordination to project stakeholders.
- Master’s degree required with 10 years’ experience or 20 years of relevant experience may be substituted for education.
- 10 years of experience working on related projects is required.
- Excellent organization and analytical skills.
- Attention to detail with the ability to analyze and communicate effectively and creatively.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience interfacing directly with clients and managing customer relationships.
- Ability to remain flexible in a highly dynamic and politicized environment.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen, Permanent Resident or EAD to obtain and maintain a VA Public Trust Clearance
Desired Skills and Experience
- Active VA clearance preferred.
- PMP, ITIL certifications/skills strongly preferred.
- Experience with the VA (particularly VHA and OI&T) strongly preferred.
We offer a very competitive benefits package, in a family-friendly environment.
SBG is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V