SBG Technology Solutions, Inc. (SBG) is growing and would like you to come join our team!
SBG, a service disabled veteran owned small business specializing in engineering, information technology, cyber-security, and training, is looking for a results-oriented Java Developer. We are seeking a highly motivated individual looking to join our rapidly growing company. The ideal candidate for the Java Developer would be an experienced individual who is hardworking, has the ability to excel in a fast-paced government contractor environment, and is someone who has a positive energetic attitude.
SBG Technology Solutions seeks a Java Developer to provide development support for the redesign of a web application with the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA).
- Participates in scrum meetings and project team meetings.
- Analyzes designs and builds components or modules
- Establishes builds, compiles and tests code, and reviews code for compliance with requirements, design specifications and coding best practices.
- Applies modeling techniques, components and object-oriented design, complex algorithmic coding, systematic approaches to application integration.
- Creates and updates system documentation, reports, presentations, and communicate with the customer on the appropriate user level.
- Applies system security and application security best practices including code/system testing to detect and remediate vulnerabilities.
- BA/BS Degree in IT-related field is required.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent resident.
- 5 years of development experience with J2EE Java, JMS Experience, and JRules expertise.
- Strong working knowledge with the following frameworks – spring, hibernate, and J2E design patterns.
- Working knowledge of ANT and MAVEN
- Oracle back-end expertise.
- Experience with Tomcat and SOAP UI.
- Experience with WebLogic.
- Understanding of development “best practices” and code quality.
- Experience with software testing, requirements tracking/traceability,
- Possess excellent troubleshooting and analytical skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Expert in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
Preferred knowledge and skills
- Experience supporting Department of Veterans Affairs highly desired
- Experience with Websphere preferred
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V