|Title:||Instructor, Tier II Center for Surface Combat Systems Unit|
Description: Develops, organizes, and conducts training and educational programs for Fleet sailors at Center for Surface Combat Systems Unit Great Lakes. Training program requires ability to conduct traditional classroom instruction and support maintenance training to the element level; as well as training on the operational employment of U.S. Navy Combat Systems. These positions require trainers with passion for sailors and Fleet readiness. Specific functions include:
- Provides dynamic teaching & training as well as assessment that require advanced knowledge of U.S. Navy Combat Systems Capabilities and Limitations to the element level including U.S. Navy A schools.
- Reviews and analyzes U.S. Navy Combat System Engineering Capabilities and Limitations and U.S. Navy Operational and Tactical doctrine and integrates and conceptualizes the execution of Doctrine optimizing the application of ship's Combat Systems capabilities and limitation in the dynamic operational tactical environment.
- Conducts dynamic assessment of the sailors' abilities to comply with approved maintenance and operational procedures and thereafter provides formal appraisal of performance with recommendations for improvement and methods to maintain technical and tactical proficiency.
- Observes and assesses Tier II contemporaries during Practice and Certification Teaches per requirements NAVEDTRA 135.
- Prepares, reviews, and customizes curriculum lesson plans and instructor guide in support of traditional classroom teaching.
- Supports Course Reviews and Curriculum Updates, conducts training gap analysis provides formal feedback and recommendation for Course improvement via NKO COP.
- Documents the training conducted with specifics of the individual areas / watch station and is responsible for generation of a formal assessment of measure of success via written report.
- Develops position descriptions, reviews resumes and conducts interviews of prospective employees Tier II below.
- Based on seniority, will be responsible for the preparations of subordinate Tier I and II employee annual performance appraisals for leadership.
- Develops, tests, maintains, and delivers moderately complex Navy Combat Systems training programs and related materials in support of CSCS training objectives.
- Reviews and updates course content and objectives.
- Conducts training sessions and develops criteria for evaluating the effectiveness of training activities.
- Maintains records of training activities, participant progress, and program effectiveness.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree (Arts or Sciences) in a related technical discipline (Desired not Required) , or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work/military experience totaling at least 5 years of experience and training.
- Six (6) years of experience with the required system or process as either a maintenance technician supervisor or operator supervisor with responsibility for teaching the applicable system or function task to others in a journeyman level training environment.
- Two (2) years of experience as an instructor in a Navy Training Environment, to include curriculum maintenance, writing learning objectives, preparing test items, evaluating instructional materials and the results of instruction and counseling students on academic learning problems.
- Previous experience teaching at Great Lakes Navy schools is desired.
About SBG Technology Solutions:
Founded in 2004, SBG has emerged over the past ten years as one of the premiere Small Business Government contractors in the nation. SBG provides information technology, training, cyber security, and consulting services to federal government and commercial clients including the Departments of Defense, Homeland Security and Veterans Affairs, Navy, and Army National Guard. SBG is growing continuously, solidifying our reputation as an innovative and reliable partner and excellent place to work and grow a career. SBG’s benefits package includes comprehensive health and dental care, life insurance, industry-leading 401(k) options, 25 days of paid time off per year, schedule flexibility, and telework opportunities.
Location: Great Lakes, IL
Schedule: Full Time
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Required Clearance: Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Potential for Teleworking: Yes