|Title:||Experimentation IT Networks Engineer|
|Location:||San Diego, CA|
Experimentation IT Networks Engineer
DoD Laboratory and Operational Experimentation in C4ISR Systems
SBG Technology Solutions, Inc. (SBG) is growing and would like you to come join our team! SBG, a service disabled veteran owned small business specializing in engineering, information technology, cyber-security, and training, is looking for a results-oriented Experimentation IT Networks Engineer. We are seeking a highly motivated individual looking to join our rapidly growing company. The ideal candidate for this position will be an experienced individual who is hard-working, with the ability to excel in a fast-paced government contractor environment, and is someone who has a positive energetic attitude.
This position is contingent upon contract award.
- Establish networking environment by designing system architecture and configuration; directing system installation; defining, documenting, and enforcing system standards.
- Select and implement security tools, policies, and procedures in conjunction with the security team.
- Secure network system by establishing and enforcing policies, defining, and monitoring access on firewalls, routers, and switches with established authorized access control lists (ACLs).
- Maximize network performance by monitoring performance, troubleshooting network problems and outages, scheduling upgrades, and collaborating with network architects on network optimization.
- Ensure system availability and reliability. Track and report network operational status by gathering data and prioritizing information.
- Manage network modifications and upgrades.
- Configure and install various network devices and services (e.g., routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, VPN, Quality of Service (QoS)).
- Perform network maintenance and system upgrades including service packs, patches, hot fixes and security configurations.
- Configure and install various network devices and services (e.g., routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, VPN, QoS)
Position qualifications and experience requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in a Business or Engineering/Scientific discipline from an accredited college or university.
- Network engineering credentials to include a CCIE or CCDE.
- Five (5) years of recent experience conducting DoD laboratory and operational experimentation in C4ISR systems, including creating laboratory based emulations of Navy operational systems and networks to support laboratory assessment. Recent experience is defined as experience within the last five (5) years.
- Experience identifying and conducting data collection requirements for systems connected using Navy or other DoD operational networks such as SIPRNET and NIPRNET.
- Deep understanding of networking protocols (e.g., IPSEC, HSRP, BGP, OSPF, 802.11, QoS). Hands-on experience using monitoring, network diagnostic and network analytics tools to identify and report network issues and remediate them..
- Excellent communications skills, written and oral. Ability to quickly assimilate the concept of new applications and relate them to the overall Sponsor IT and computing environments. Ability to brief senior management on the progress or results of an information system undergoing the C&A process.
- Requires Top Secret/SCI clearance in progress.
We offer a very competitive benefits package, in a family-friendly environment.
SBG is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V