|Title:||Senior Corrosion Control Technician|
SBG Technology Solutions, Inc. (SBG) is growing and would like you to come join our team!
SBG, a service disabled veteran owned small business specializing in engineering, information technology, cyber-security, and training, is looking for a results-oriented Senior Corrosion Control Technician. We are seeking a highly motivated individual looking to join our rapidly growing company. The ideal candidate for the Senior Corrosion Control Technician would be an experienced individual who is hard-working, has the ability to excel in a fast-paced government contractor environment, and is someone who has a positive energetic attitude.
This individual will be responsible for providing corrosion control policy guidance and technical support at the program level for NAVSEA organizations.
- Support mission objectives of the Corrosion Control Integrated Product Team (CCIPT).
- Provide corrosion control policy guidance and technical support for Navy ships.
- Review and provide technical guidance on specifications being prepared for corrosion control systems to be installed on surface ships during ship construction, maintenance, and repair.
- Interpret and provide guidance regarding the practical application of government regulations regarding paint, coating, and preservation system application compliance.
- Work with Senior Engineering Technicians to inspect ship HM&E/Combat Support Systems equipment installations and provide technical guidance relating to corrosion and preservation.
- Assist with the report preparation and making recommendations for the improvement of the construction and maintenance of the ships to reduce or eliminate such corrosion.
- Conduct surveys of underwater hull, topside, interior, and decks to determine the effectiveness of specific corrosion control systems during Surface Ship Availabilities.
- Provide technical guidance concerning the techniques involved in the inspection of preparation and application of corrosion protection systems.
- Provide technical assistance, guidance, or training to paint crews.
- Prepare technical documentation in the form and format specified by various users to support the operation and maintenance of ship HM&E and Combat Support Systems and equipment.
Preferred Experience and Education:
- Must be a graduate of high school, trade school, industrial school, or correspondence school.
- Ten (10) years of practical, relevant surface ship experience.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of practical experience in responsible engineering duties including a minimum of seven years of in the prevention and control of corrosion and in hull, topside, interior, and deck surface coating systems with higher rating given to AEGIS Class (DDG-51 and CG-47) ships.
- Seven (seven) years of progressive experience in Surface Combatant ship systems and equipment. Familiarity with Navy Operational Sequencing System and Planned Maintenance System (PMS).
- Hold certification as a "Coating Systems Inspector" by the National Association of Corrosion Engineers, NSWCCD Philadelphia, or NSWCPHD Port Hueneme.
- Experience providing corrosion control policy guidance and technical support with regard to AEGIS Class (DDG-51 and CG -47) ships.
- Familiar and experienced with and the application of the Clean Air Act regulations, NESHAP, EPA, OSHA, ASTM 718F, and the Material Data Safety Sheet regarding VOC compliance.
- Secret Clearance required.
We offer a very competitive benefits package, in a family-friendly environment.
SBG is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V