|Title:||VistA Evolution Communications Specialist (Temporary)|
SBG Technology Solutions, Inc. (SBG) is growing and would like you to come join our team!
SBG, a service disabled veteran owned small business specializing in engineering, information technology, cyber-security, and training, is looking for a results-oriented Communications Specialist. We are seeking a highly motivated individual looking to join our rapidly growing company. The ideal candidate for the Communications Specialist would be an experienced individual who is hard-working, has the ability to excel in a fast-paced government contractor environment, and is someone who has a positive energetic attitude.
The VistA Evolution Communications Specialist position is a temporary assignment from May 22-August 31. The Communications Specialist position will support the Veterans Administration (VA) VistA Evolution Program. SBG is seeking an individual with strong communications, messaging, and leadership experience to manage a dynamic program. VA experience is desired but not critical for this role.
- Research, write and collaborate on executive level communications including correspondence, papers, policy and briefings.
- Develop content for websites, social media, and other communications platform.
- Design creative strategies for successfully branding and promoting various communications initiatives.
- Cultivate relationships with stakeholders to gain insight into effective communications strategies.
- Review and edit briefings, reports, correspondence, policy papers and other communications materials.
- Monitor and evaluate communications and messaging.
- Support high-ranking government clients at the VA Office of Information & Technology (OI&T) as well as the Veterans Health Administration (VHA).
- Promote teamwork and group morale.
Experience and Education:
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, public relations, communications or related business field with 7+ years’ experience in a communication role.
- Attention to detail and ability to be creative and develop a well-rounded brand that is reflected in all communications/marketing pieces (mail, email, hardcopy, web).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Extensive experience with PowerPoint and Word are required.
- Experience handling multiple responsibilities on tight deadlines is essential.
- Experience writing speeches, as well as, working on a communications team that directly supports senior executives is a plus.
- Experience designing and developing communications strategies is a plus.
- Experience with content management platforms such as SharePoint is a plus.
- Experience in creating, applying, and maintaining tools to track program, project, or task performance data, including cost, schedule, and performance data.
- Knowledge of MS Office programs and other administrative programs is preferred.
- Use of tools such as SharePoint for content management is preferred.
- VA experience highly desired but not required.
We offer a very competitive benefits package, in a family-friendly environment.
Please visit us at www.sbgts.com.
SBG is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V