|Title:||Surface Combatant HM&E/Combat System Support Engineer|
SBG Technology Solutions seeks two experienced on-site Engineers to provide engineering, program management, and technical support during U.S. Navy Ship Construction, in-service, and maintenance periods in connection with Surface Ship (primarily Surface Combatants) HM&E and Combat Support Systems and components being installed, maintained or altered by ship’s force, private contractors, and/or public shipyards. One position in Pascagoula, MS and one position in Bath, ME.
- Ensure equipment tests are conducted/completed IAW test procedures and/or work packages. Provide equipment status/problems with recommendations for solutions and provide recommendations with work being performed. This support will be provided at Surface Ship Homeports and Building Yards.
- Investigate and review HM&E/Combat Support Systems equipment Work Packages for Post Shakedown Availabilities (PSA) to ensure correct technical content, priority, category, and applicability. Ship systems will include but not be limited to main propulsion, auxiliary machinery, interior and exterior paint, decking and corrosion control.
- Monitor PSA Work Package progress status on a daily basis on-site at ship’s location. This is primarily for new construction DDG-51 Class ships. Locations include San Diego CA, Pearl Harbor HI, Bath ME, Norfolk VA, and Pascagoula MS.
- Provide technical recommendations on improving the operation and maintenance of shipboard systems and equipment.
- Witness the installation of ship and machinery alterations and report deviations from planned execution. Witness field tests of ship systems and equipment and evaluate their performance as compared to detailed design parameters. Assist with technical resolution of installation issues, material issues, and implementation of corrective actions.
- Provide information regarding the preparations and support services required in advance of ship maintenance availabilities. Review and comment on the specifications for repair and overhaul of surface combatants prior to their being issued.
- Support mission objectives of the Corrosion Control Integrated Product Team (CCIPT) by evaluating corrosion prevention methods, new technology corrosion solutions, corrosion control improvements. Inspect ship HM&E/Combat Support Systems equipment installations and provide technical guidance relating to corrosion and preservation. Prepare reports and make recommendations for the improvement of the construction and maintenance of the ships to reduce or eliminate such corrosion.
- Support NAVSEA Philadelphia’s role as Surface Combatant Integration Agent and efforts to ensure system compatibility for all equipment and ensure proper interface requirements. Provide verification of specifications and development of long term maintenance/upgrade strategies.
- Liaise and coordinate with NAVSEA organizations and NAVSEA Philadelphia to ensure proper flow of information regarding the priorities for and the status of ship construction, operation, and maintenance.
- Research the technical requirements, availability, and alternate solutions for the provision of spare parts and assemblies for ship systems and equipment and provide the information to the ship having the requirement.
- Provide information to be used in revising technical documentation regarding the installation, testing, operation, and maintenance of ship systems and equipment. This includes support related to Operational Sequencing System (OSS) and Planned Maintenance System (PMS). Prepare and publish reports documenting the results of testing and the actual operation and maintenance of ship systems and equipment.
- Assist in the coordination of crew training in preparation for DDG 51 Class ship’s formal system Light Off and other events.
- Support the review, development, and revision to System and Equipment Integrated Electronic Technical Manuals (IETM) and other ILS elements which NAVSEA Philadelphia has designated authority. Prepare technical documentation in the form and format specified by various users to support the installation, operation, and maintenance of ship HM&E and Combat Support Systems and equipment. Prepare the materials necessary to make presentations to ship’s forces, senior Navy officers and officials and other Navy organizations.
Preferred Experience and Education:
- Minimum Clearance Level: Secret
- Experience directly related to Surface Combatant major construction milestones and Surface Combatant Combat Support Systems testing at Building Yard/Homeport locations
- 10 years of practical, relevant surface ship experience. 7 years of progressive experience involving design, operation, maintenance, and testing of Surface Combatant ship systems and equipment. Familiarity with Navy Operational Sequencing System (OSS) and Planned Maintenance System (PMS).
- 7 years shipboard prevention and control of corrosion experience in hull, topside, interior, and deck surface coating systems. Certification as a "Coating Systems Inspector" by the National Association of Corrosion Engineers, NSWCCD Philadelphia, or NSWCPHD Port Hueneme. DDG-51 and CG-47 ship experience desired.
- Familiar with and experienced in the application of the regulations of the Clean Air Act, NESHAP, EPA, OSHA, ASTM 718F, and the Material Data Safety Sheet.
We offer a very competitive benefits package, in a family-friendly environment.
Please visit us at www.sbgts.com.
SBG is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V