|Title:||Systems Engineer- Space Sustainment, Payload, and Ground Systems Support|
|Location:||San Diego, CA|
- Provide technical support and expertise for Spacecraft System Engineering efforts. Attend technical forums to include TIMs, technical reviews, and conferences.
- Provide analysis of the satellite bus and payload engineering. Participate in design reviews, TIMs, Risk Management Board (RMB) and other meetings to assess program progress. Review CDRLs, CDRL deliverables, and other material.
- For Space Vehicles on-orbit, assess subsystems (propulsion, power, thermal, communication payloads, Telemetry, Tracking & Control (TT&C) and Guidance Navigation & Control GN&C) operation and provide recommendations for performance optimization and life extension.
- Provide engineering support for the sustainment of ground systems. Provide expertise for the review and implementation of changes related to ground system trouble tickets, Problem Change Requests (PCRs), hardware and software obsolescence, and enhancements.
- Provide launch system engineering support for each program’s launch system. Perform engineering analyses, trade studies, and assessments of proposed satellite launch systems.
- Investigate and identify root causes of negative trends and propose mitigation actions.
- Participate in on-orbit observation investigations, review and provide risk assessments and recommendations on proposed troubleshooting plans and procedures, and any flight software and hardware configuration changes. Assess risks associated with proposed flight software and command and telemetry database changes, support design reviews and testing prior release for to vehicle upload.
- < >Prepare technical recommendations for addressing known program problems/issues/risks with achieving a complete E2E solution for the warfighter, including participation in the technical evaluation and witnessing of engineering change acceptance testing to correct any E2E performance shortcomings during the development and production process.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant engineering field from an accredited college or university;
- Specialized experience with five years of engineering experience within Narrowband UHF Satellite Systems. Specialized experience in developing or reviewing specifications, monitoring, and advising on UHF SATCOM systems acquisition planning activities.
- Hardware/software integration experience a plus.Current understanding of Military Space systems a plus.
- Experience and proficiency using Microsoft Office tools such as Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and Project.
Required Clearance: Top Secret or Secret Clearance. Dependent upon specific position and duties.