|Title:||Combat Systems Engineer|
Combat Systems Engineer
SBG Technology Solutions, Inc. (SBG) is growing and would like you to come join our team!
SBG, a service disabled veteran owned small business specializing in engineering, information technology, cyber-security, and training, is looking for a results-oriented Combat Systems Engineer. We are seeking a highly motivated individual looking to join our rapidly growing company. The ideal candidate for the Combat Systems Engineer position would be an experienced individual who is hard-working, has the ability to excel in a fast-paced government contractor environment, and is someone who has a positive energetic attitude.
SBG Technology Solutions seeks a Combat Systems Engineer with Surface Combatant Systems experience in design, operations, engineering development, systems integration, lifetime support maintanenance or training development with the U.S Navy combat systems that have been exported to Allied countries under the Foreign Military Sales (FMS) programs. The Combat Systems Engineer will provide technical expertise and oversight support for the development of curriculum and training materials for the Center of Surface Combat Systems (CSCS) and AEGIS Training and Readines Center (ATRC) in Dahlgren, VA.
- Provides Combat System technical expertise and engineering support to the Learning Services Office of the Center for Surface Combat Systems (CSCS) and the AEGIS Training and Readiness Center (ATRC). Support will include providing inputs to and reviewing curriculum for training courses conducted at CSCS and ATRC for FMS programs.
• Reviews, writes, and provides updates to technical documentation in support of curriculum development for CSCS and ATRC.
• Maintains current knowledge of emerging Combat Systems Programs that have been provided and supporting relevant technologies as required.
• Prepares, reviews, and customizes curriculum lesson plans and instructor guide in support of traditional classroom teaching.
• Supports Course Reviews and Curriculum Updates, conducts training gap analysis provides formal feedback and recommendation for Course improvement via NKO COP.
• Identifies and documents functional requirements in support of Combat Systems and Training Systems to the submode level to support training for sailors from Allied nations in support of the FMS program.
• Develops, tests and maintains moderately complex Aegis training programs and related materials in support of ATRC training objectives.
• Reviews course content and objectives.
- Five (5) years of experience as a Combat System maintenance technician supervisor or operator supervisor with responsibility for teaching the applicable system or function task to others in a journeyman level training environment.
- Active Secret Security Clearance
- Must be a U.S. Citizen to obtain and maintain a DOD Security Clearance
Preferred Education and Experience
- Two (2) years of experience as an instructor in a Navy Training Environment, to include curriculum maintenance, writing learning objectives, preparing test items, evaluating instructional materials and the results of instruction and counseling students on academic learning problems.
- Combat System Training Team (CSTT) technical or tactical qualification and experience desired. Knowledge of US Navy Combat Systems being sold under Foreign Military Sales (FMS) to US Allies.
- Experience as trainer/instructor in support of CSCS/ATRC/TACTRAGRU is a significant plus.
We offer a very competitive benefits package, in a family-friendly environment.
SBG is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V