|Title:||Aegis Instructor Tier I|
- Provides dynamic teaching & training as well as assessment that require intermediate knowledge of U.S. Navy Combat Systems Capabilities and Limitations to the element level.
- Reviews and analyzes U.S. Navy Combat System Engineering Capabilities and Limitations and U.S. Navy Operational and Tactical Doctrine and integrates and conceptualizes the execution of Doctrine optimizing the application of ship's Combat Systems capabilities and limitation.
- Conducts dynamic assessment of the sailors' abilities to comply with approved maintenance and operational procedures and thereafter provides formal appraisal of performance with recommendations for improvement and methods to maintain technical and tactical proficiency.
- Prepares, reviews, and customizes curriculum lesson plans and instructor guide in support of traditional classroom teaching.
- Documents the training conducted with specifics of the individual areas / watch station and is responsible for generation of a formal assessment of measure of success via written report.
- Teaches moderately complex Navy Combat Systems training programs and related materials in support of CSCS training objectives.
- Periodically reviews course content and objectives.
- Conducts training sessions and develops criteria for evaluating the effectiveness of training activities.
- Maintains records of training activities, participant progress, and program effectiveness.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
- Updates course documentation on a regular basis to ensure timeliness and relevance.
- Participates in special projects as required.
- Bachelor's Degree (Arts or Sciences) in a related technical discipline (Desired not Required) , or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work/military experience totaling at least 3 years of experience and training.
- Three (3) years of experience with the required system or process as either a maintenance technician supervisor or operator supervisor with responsibility for teaching the applicable system or function task to others in a journeyman level training environment.
- One (1) years of experience as an instructor in a Navy Training Environment, to include curriculum maintenance, writing learning objectives, preparing test items, evaluating instructional materials and the results of instruction and counseling students on academic learning problems.
- CSTT technical or tactical qualification and experience desired.
Additional Qualifications: Past experience as trainer/instructor in support of CSCS/ATRC/TACTRAGRU is a significant plus. Must be able to support training with extended periods on your feet while instructing. Travel may be up required to 10 % of time. Must be fit enough to embark ship for 5-10 days.
About SBG Technology Solutions:
Founded in 2004, SBG has emerged over the past ten years as one of the premiere Small Business Government contractors in the nation. SBG provides information technology, training, cyber security, and consulting services to federal government and commercial clients including the Departments of Defense, Homeland Security and Veterans Affairs, Navy, and Army National Guard. SBG is growing continuously, solidifying our reputation as an innovative and reliable partner and excellent place to work and grow a career. SBG’s benefits package includes comprehensive health and dental care, life insurance, industry-leading 401(k) options, 25 days of paid time off per year, schedule flexibility, and telework opportunities.
Location: Dahlgren, VA
Schedule: Full Time
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Required Clearance: Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Potential for Teleworking: Yes