|Title:||Unix Network Engineer|
Unix Network Engineer
SBG Technology Solutions, Inc. (SBG) is growing and would like you to come join our team!
SBG, a service disabled veteran owned small business specializing in engineering, information technology, cyber-security, and training, is looking for a results-oriented Network Engineer. We are seeking a highly motivated individual looking to join our rapidly growing company. The ideal candidate for the Network Engineer position would be an experienced individual who is hard-working, with the ability to excel in a fast-paced government contractor environment, and is someone who has a positive energetic attitude. This position is located in Washington, DC.
SBG Technology Solutions has an immediate opening for a Network Engineer to support a contract at the Naval Research Laboratory (NRL) in Washington, DC.
- Collaborates with network team members to ensure smooth and reliable operation of software and systems for fulfilling business objectives and processes.
- Works with executive team members, decision makers, and stakeholders to define business requirements and systems goals, and to identify and resolve business systems issues.
- Facilitates network troubleshooting, network security, VPN troubleshooting, workstation support, and layer 2 switch configuration; and support implementation of IPv6 and port security protocols.
- Creates and maintains documentation as it relates to system configuration, mapping, processes, and service records.
- Monitors and tests system performance; prepare and deliver system performance statistics and reports
- Facilitates network Help Desk support as needed.
- Documents maintenance for all computer systems and network infrastructure.
- Bachelors’ degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or similar major
- Experience creating and maintaining documentation as it relates to system configuration, mapping, processes, and service records is required
- Experience with configuration of Layer 2 switches.
- Experience with Domain Name System (DNS) in a UNIX environment.
- Experience with Visio and MySQL.
- Experience with layer 2 switch configuration
- Experience with VPN troubleshooting
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Experience managing network architectures.
- Proficiency with MySQL.
- Proficiency with Virtualization technologies: VMware, Citrix, and Microsoft
- Proficiency with WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, security Internal systems, and network infrastructure Network level experience. Understanding of Ethernet technologies and basic troubleshooting.
- Help Desk support experience is desired.
We offer a very competitive benefits package, in a family-friendly environment.
SBG is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V