|Title:||Senior Logistics and Configuration Management Specialist|
|Location:||San Diego, CA|
- Provide logistics sustainment engineering support including service use and maintenance data collection and triage; safety hazards analysis; failure causes, effects, and trends; reliability and maintainability affectivity; and operational usage profiles changes.
- Support root cause analysis of in-service issues, oversee parts obsolescence and enable the development of required design changes (e.g., Enterprise Change Requests, (ECRs)/Problem Change Requests (PCRs)/Service Requests (SRs) from a logistics impact perspective.
- Assist the government Product Support Manager (PSM) in ensuring accurate and complete delivery of product/Integrated Logistics Support (ILS) to end users, including technical project management support in the preparation and development of management data, development and maintenance of project schedules, action item tracking and resolution, development and/or update of progress/special reports, and participation in IPT reviews.
- Evaluate proposed changes to the system configuration baseline to assess ILS impacts and ensure required ILS changes are captured, addressed, and in place prior to the deployment of the associated changes on the operational system and laboratory configurations, including evaluating impacts to all logistics element areas such as design interface, supply support (provisioned/spared, hardware/software and test equipment), maintenance planning and management, Packaging, Handling, Storage, & Transportation (PHS&T), technical data, training and training support, manpower and personnel, and facilities and infrastructure.
- Monitor, verify and validate support requirements for production/lab equipment, assess the impact of production configuration changes on existing support plans and products while in production through test and integration efforts, and provide recommendations to ensure that all supportability/support planning products reflect approved production equipment configuration changes prior to the implementation of any changes.
- Support satellite ILS trouble tickets in the Remedy/Information Technology Systems Management (ITSM) tool. Support data collection to evaluate Reliability, Availability, Maintainability (RAM) metrics analysis and Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA).
- Recommend design and process improvements for the purposes of enabling reliability growth and facilitating lower total ownership cost. Provide Depot Source of Repair (DSOR) change recommendations, support business case analyses efforts, and develop innovative support solution recommendations to reduce the MUOS logistics footprint while maintaining system key performance parameters.
- Assist in the development, update, validation, and verification of logistics documentation, including the Life Cycle Sustainment Plan (LCSP), Integrated Logistics Support Plan (ILSP), Logistics Requirements Funding Summary (LRFS), Job Description Task Analysis, Interactive Electronic Technical Manual (IETM) Operations and maintenance tasks, Computer Based Training (CBT), TEMP, Programmatic Environmental Safety and Occupational Health Evaluation (PESHE), Acquisition Strategy (AS), Acquisition Program Baseline (APB), and other documents necessary to maintain system Operational Availability at the Organizational Level.Plan and prepare logistics systems engineering support to include depot source of repair recommendations, business case analyses, manpower personnel & training analyses, human systems integration analysis, system nomenclature assignments, and schedule updates.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant logistics, business, or engineering field from an accredited college or university;
- At least five (5) years of DoD and/or Navy integrated logistics support experience including preparation of Life Cycle Sustainment Plans (LCSP), Performance Based Logistics (PBL) plans, Business Case Analyses (BCA), Depot Source of Repair (DSOR) agreements, and Property Management and supply chain management strategies.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in providing integrated logistics support for ACAT I/II Acquisition programs.Two years of integrated logistics support of DoD/Navy Satellite Communications acquisition programs is desired.