SBG Technology Solutions, Inc. (SBG) is growing and would like you to come join our team!
SBG, a service disabled veteran owned small business specializing in engineering, information technology, cyber-security, and training, is looking for a results-oriented Test Engineer. We are seeking a highly motivated individual looking to join our rapidly growing company. The ideal candidate for the Test Engineer would be an experienced individual who is hard-working, has the ability to excel in a fast-paced government contractor environment, and is someone who has a positive energetic attitude.
This individual will be responsible for testing changes and enhancements to a web application belonging to the Defense Threat Reduction Agency.
- Participate in an Agile Scrum team process, collaborating closely with system analysts and developers to create test plans.
- Analyze epics and stories to design/implement manual and automated tests.
- Create test scripts that align with traceability matrices and execute scripts and document results.
- Log defects in bug tracking software.
- Work with developers to troubleshoot application defects.
- Understanding system security and application security best practices including code / system testing to detect vulnerabilities.
- Software testing, requirements tracking/traceability, understanding of development “best practices” and code quality.
- Create and update system documentation, prepare reports and presentations.
Preferred Experience and Education:
- BA/BS Degree in IT-related field is required.
- 5+ years of web application testing experience.
- Experience with Agile tools such as Rational ClearQuest and Requisite ProTest Manager.
- Experience testing web applications, particularly those on the .NET and Java platform.
- Experience with databases, in particular Oracle.
- Experience working in an agile development environment is preferred.
- Possess excellent troubleshooting and analytical skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Expert in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
We offer a very competitive benefits package, in a family-friendly environment.
SBG is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V