|Title:||Senior Acquisition Consultant - Subject Matter Expert|
Senior Acquisition Consultant - Subject Matter Expert
SBG Technology Solutions, Inc. (SBG) is growing and would like you to come join our team!
SBG, a service disabled veteran owned small business specializing in engineering, information technology, cyber-security, and training, is looking for a results-oriented. We are seeking a highly motivated individual looking to join our rapidly growing company. The ideal candidate for the Senior Acquisition Subject Matter Expert position would be an experienced individual who is hard-working, with the ability to excel in a fast-paced government contractor environment, and is someone who has a positive energetic attitude.
SBG Technology Solutions requires a Senior Acquisition SME with the experience and educational achievements related to the following key functional areas: teaching abilities, consulting, learning asset management (curriculum development and knowledge sharing), and leadership. This is a part time position with the ability to work remotely (Metro DC area) but must be able to travel to client sites for
in- residence training as needed.
- Provides consulting services to acquisition programs and members of the acquisition workforce
- Participates in knowledge sharing opportunities across the acquisition workforce by integrating policies, personal experiences, and personal knowledge into learning assets to convey current, relevant information
- Prepares training material (student and instructor) according to current instructional systems design technology and develop course schedules
- Develops and conduct lectures and facilitate delivery of cases, simulations, and workshops
- Leads and facilitate student discussion, problem solving, and presentations/briefings
- Develops and analyze student assessments and provide student counseling to ensure the highest degree of learning
- Masters’ Degree in related field from an accredited college or university
- Ten or more years of Acquisitions experience
- Active Department of Defense Secret security clearance
- Experience in Program Management must include at least eight years in DoD acquisition program management in a ACAT I/IA/II/III/IV program office (or industry equivalent). Experience may be in government, defense industry, or commercial sector positions
- Ability to teach and facilitate learning of adults. This includes the ability to communicate (orally and in writing) complex managerial development and technical material to students with different backgrounds and experiences
- must be able to incorporate the learner's experience into the learning process along with the ability to motivate learners to participate actively in the learning process; and
- Ability to organize information, develop the thought process and relevant threads/themes, define objectives, draw conclusions, maintain audience interest, and effectively facilitate student learning.
- Ability to manage or develop learning assets and learning products for the AT&L career fields (e.g. program management, contracting, systems engineering, business, logistics, etc.) or other DoD Weapon system management areas, to include the continuous assessment, currency, quality, of various types of learning assets and learning products.
- Must have the ability to perform executive-level consulting both within DoD and at the DoD/contractor interface at an advanced level of capability and contribution to include; establishing and maturing strategic relationships with stakeholders and customers and tailoring or developing learning assets to meet unique learning needs of acquisition executives and their organization/team
- Extensive leadership experience is required for this position
- Ability to meet organizational goals and stakeholder expectations which includes; stewardship of resources and decisions that produce high-quality results, ability to analyze and resolve broad, complex, or sensitive operations issues that involve diverse organizations, and managing multiple approving authorities, stakeholders, and a variety of policies and controls to achieve mission success.
- You must be a U.S. Citizen to obtain and maintain a Department of Defense security clearance
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Experience as a Program Manager, Deputy Program Manager, Program Executive Officer or Deputy Program Executive Officer is highly preferred.
- Significant specialized experience in at least one other acquisition career field is desired.
- Experience in the following career fields is preferred: Contracting; Cost Estimating and Financial Management; System Engineering or Information Technology.
- Specific management experience in scheduling/IMS, EVM, WBS management, risk management, software management is also desired.
- Executive coaching and mentoring experience preferred.
We offer a very competitive benefits package, in a family-friendly environment.
SBG is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V