|Location:||San Diego, CA|
SBG Technology Solutions, Inc. (SBG) is growing and would like you to come join our team!
SBG, a service disabled veteran owned small business specializing in engineering, information technology, cyber-security, and training, is looking for a results-oriented Systems Engineer. We are seeking a highly motivated individual looking to join our rapidly growing company. The ideal candidate for the Systems Engineer would be an experienced individual who is hard-working, has the ability to excel in a fast-paced government contractor environment, and is someone who has a positive energetic attitude.
SBG seeks a Systems Engineer with experience with the Department of the Navy as related to the PEO Space Systems. This individual should have experience in developing or reviewing specifications, monitoring, and advising on UHF SATCOM systems acquisition planning activities.
- Provide system engineering analysis and trade assessments on military SATCOM designs and operations
- Attend technical interchange meetings, requirements reviews, readiness reviews, design reviews, failure reviews, and other working group meetings
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university. Engineering or Mathematics degree desired.
- 5+ years system engineering experience. Current understanding of satellite communication systems a plus.
- 8 years of technical experience within Narrowband UHF Satellite Systems including MUOS, UFO, and other UHF SATCOM project/programs.
- Secret Security Clearance required.
- In-depth knowledge of and experience with one or more of the following functionalities, systems, or areas of expertise is desired:
- MUOS Integrated Ground System
- MUOS Performance Specification
- SATCOM terminal communications
- MUOS Planning Model
- MUOS CONOPS
- UHF SATCOM transition planning
- Military Satellite Test and Evaluation
- Software systems engineering
- Spacecraft design
- Satellite Control Operations
- WCDMA Common Air Interface
- MUOS-Legacy Gateway Component
- Remote Sensing CONOPS
- Interface Control design
- Software Design
- End-to-End systems design
- Network management and operations
- Military requirements
- Ground system, communications and/or spacecraft system integration