|Title:||Systems Engineer- Space and Satellite Systems|
|Location:||San Diego, CA|
- Provide technical assessments for space/satellite systems. Provide technical expertise and engineering analysis to ensure all system, components, and segment requirements are met.
- Participate in various system/program systems engineering working groups and IPTs, as required, including engineering/failure analysis and risk assessments and cost estimates and performance trade assessments for system performance trades.
- Update and maintain program performance specifications, risk management plans and processes, and related configuration management tasks to support systems engineering changes (such as maintaining requirements in systems engineering tools).
- < >Assist in data collection, data reduction, modeling, simulation and analysis necessary to independently qualify the elements of each system segment. Use appropriate tools (e.g., Satellite Tool Kit (STK)) to provide technical analysis of system performance.
- Participate in development, updates, and review of all T&E documentation, including the Test and Evaluation Master Plan (TEMP), system/segment test plans, test reports, briefings and procedures, associated schedules and official memoranda (e.g., MOA/MOU). Prepare test matrices and procedures to satisfy program testing objectives. Observe demos and provide technical reports of the events.
- Conduct developmental/operational tests of on-orbit satellite/satellite constellation assets. Review and analyze data obtained from on-orbit tests and telemetry down links and provide technical recommendations when issues are reported.
- Provide technical and analytical support in the definition, conduct and analysis of structured operational and integrated test and evaluation (IOT&E). Provide support in evaluating the operational effectiveness and suitability of the (System Under Test) during structured operational test & evaluation.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant engineering field from an accredited college or university;
- Master’s degree in engineering field desired.
- Specialized experience with five years of engineering experience within Narrowband UHF Satellite Systems. Specialized experience in developing or reviewing specifications, monitoring, and advising on UHF SATCOM systems acquisition planning activities.
- Hardware/software integration experience a plus.Current understanding of Military Space systems a plus.
- Experience and proficiency using Microsoft Office tools such as Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and Project.
Required Clearance: Top Secret or Secret Clearance. Dependent upon specific position and duties.