|Title:||Vice President, National Security Services|
Vice President National Security Services
SBG Technology Solutions, Inc. (SBG) is growing and would like you to come join our team!
SBG, a service disabled veteran owned small business specializing in engineering, information technology, cyber-security, intelligence, and training, is looking for a results-oriented Vice President. We are seeking a highly motivated individual looking to join our rapidly growing company. The ideal candidate for the Vice President position would be an experienced individual who is hard-working, with the ability to excel in a fast-paced government contractor environment, and is someone who has a positive energetic attitude. This position is located in Washington, DC. and Alexandria, Virginia.
- The Vice President of the National Security Systems (NSS) Portfolio has overall responsibility to develop, motivate, and remove the obstacles for the NSS team to consistently deliver excellent work products and customer service on time, on cost, and exceeding the expectations of our Navy, Army, DoD, and DHS customers.
- The successful candidate will lead the National Security Systems (NSS) Portfolio Team and report directly to the President & CEO. The NSS Portfolio is a substantial growth business, focusing on providing DoD customers engineering, program management, logistics, Information Technology, and Foreign Military Sales (FMS) support.
- The candidate must have a clearly demonstrated background of developing dynamic leadership teams, building enduring customer relationships, growing a business segment, and an ability to communicate effectively at all levels of an organization.
- The NSS VP will be responsible for all aspects of Portfolio performance and enhancing the growth, customer breadth, and profitability of the Portfolio. The Candidate will work closely with DoD customers to develop solutions that add value and enable them to carry out critical national security missions. The successful candidate will have direct experience in running and growing technologically complex programs in a fast-paced, rapidly changing government environment. He or she will have strong, established relationships in the Navy and DoD community.
- The NSS VP will have full Profit and Loss responsibility for the current portfolio and will be responsible for implementing and leading the long term strategic growth plan for the business. He or she will have the primary role in building customer relationships and be responsible for developing and mentoring the program managers that support the business.
- The NSS VP will identify new growth Federal Government business and contract opportunities in the Department of Defense, Navy (including but not limited to NAVSEA, NAVAIR, and SPAWAR), Army and Army National Guard, Defense Threat Reduction Agency (DTRA) and other services and agencies of the Federal government.
- The NSS VP will manage the National Security Services (NSS) Portfolio business development and growth pipeline and seek new opportunities. The NSS VP will coordinate regular and recurring reviews of new and in-progress business pursuits, and form, coordinate, and strengthen industry partnerships related to business growth and opportunity pursuits.
- The successful candidate must be knowledgeable in small and large business pursuit, capture, bid and proposal activities and possess a thorough understanding of US government procurement procedures and an in-depth knowledge of military contracts.
- The successful candidate will possess strong leadership and project management skills. They should possess a strong business acumen that demonstrates an understanding of government contracting issues and an ability to link solutions to the business strategy. He or she will have the ability to assess and manage employee capabilities and determine staffing needs to meet current and future business needs. He or she will provide performance management and developmental opportunities to existing staff as well as recruit new talent to meet capability needs or gaps.
- This position will be based in the Washington D.C./Northern Virginia area. Major work locations include National Capitol Region, Washington Navy Yard, and San Diego, CA.
- Bachelor's Degree required in a technical or business-related discipline. Master’s Degree preferred, either in technical discipline or MBA.
- Minimum of 15 years of increasing leadership responsibility, including demonstrated success in program management and business development of complex DoD programs.
- Demonstrated success in growing a leadership team and successfully leading a business unit with profit and loss responsibility is required.
- Excellent knowledge of and familiarity with DoD RFP structure and content, acquisition strategies, contract types, and bid and proposal processes.
- Prior DoD or other significant program experience is needed. A strong, demonstrated experience managing DoD Professional and or Engineering Support Services Programs, requirements management and documentation, risk management, technical project planning and management is essential.
- Need to have excellent communications skills, superior writing skills, and strong MS Office skills.
- Must be self-motivated, organized and creative with a demonstrated history of fostering and sustaining effective industry partnerships.
- Department of Defense Secret clearance is preferred. Top Secret security clearance is highly desirable at time of hire.
- U. S. citizenship is required.
We offer a very competitive benefits package, in a family-friendly environment.
SBG is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V